83 - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • zionist forever
    • 06.12.09 | 22:05 (IST)

    Israel has never had lawful borders. In 1947 the UN partition proposed Israel get 51% of mandate Palestine & the other 49% to the arabs and Jerusalem would be some kind of international entity. In 1949 when the war of independence ended Israel was left with 78% of Palestine + west Jerusalem all of which it annexed after the war. Jordan took the remaining 22% of Palestine & east Jerusalem and that remained the border until 1967 when Israel captured the remaining 22% of Palestine and reunited Jerusalem as it should. If Israel was going to return to the UN proposed border it would mean not only giving the arabs the 22% that it took from Jordan but giving the palestinians an extra 27% of land within the green line. It would mean giving up Jerusalem in full. As the borders from 1949 - 1967 are ceasefire lines only & 1967 - today are ceasefire lines where are Israels lawful borders it has never existed within any. Certainly the borders proposed by the UN is not an option.

    from the article: Israel should give up Jerusalem as its capital
    First published 01:11 06.12.09 | Last updated 09:13 06.12.09
Haaretz Headlines
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, February 10, 2016.

Herzog dares Netanyahu to annex territories in stormy Knesset debate

In Knesset debate, prime minister mocks Herzog for saying two-state solution was impossible. 'Maybe you're beginning to understand where we live,' he says; Herzog retorts: 'Annex the territories. Let's see what happens then.'

A barbed wire fence at the former Nazi concentration camp Mauthausen.

Survivors dismayed after Austrian official justifies calling Nazi camp inmates 'a plague'

An Austrian prosecutor's statement says it was justifiable for far-right magazine to call people who were liberated from Mauthausen a 'criminal plague.'

Netanyahu climbing out of the Rahav, the 5th submarine in the Israel Navy's fleet

Netanyahu trades Israel's democracy for a shtetl with German submarines

Tossing Arab MKs out of Knesset was a new low in Netanyahu's assault on democracy, but de facto, Israel is already an ex-'Jewish democratic' state.

Senator Bernie Sanders gestures as he arrives to speak during a primary watch party at Concord High.

Why aren’t Jews kvelling over Bernie Sanders' primary win?

Sanders continues to play down his Jewishness, calling himself the son of a Polish immigrant in his victory speech, and the Jewish establishment has a hard time considering him one of its own.