#21 Thats incorrect - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Joyce
    • 02.01.10 | 17:55 (IST)

    Dear Matt, The population of historic Palestine was not majority jewish, on the contrary, it was minority jewish with a large Arab (Palestinian) Muslim/Christian majority. The jews became a majority after Britain brought in large amounts of European jews who later on expelled a large part of the Palestinians and then declared the state of israel which encouraged Jews from all over the world (Russian, Argentinian, Lybian, Persian, Egyptian, Greek, Kurdish, Iraqi, Polish, Ethiopian, Jamaican etc) to immigrate to israel. Looking at those who have a family history tracing back over 1000 years in this land you will find that 96 % of them are the Muslim/Christian Palestinians, the remaining 4 % are jews who before zionism spoke Arabic in the Palestinian dialect and would be part of the Palestinians today had not the British allowed Zionists to set foot in Palestine and declare a state there.

    from the article: Israel closes decade with population of 7.5 million
    First published 15:59 30.12.09 | Last updated 16:19 30.12.09
Haaretz Headlines
Gal Hirsch.

FBI gave police intel on Gal Hirsch in 2013

AG set to examine materials concerning two defense deals by prospective police chief and former IDF commander.

A Palestinian farmer in the Jordan Valley.

Settlers to be removed from private Palestinian land

High Court ruled against Jordan Valley settlers farming over 5,000 dunams of private land since the 1990s.

Protesters hold signs reading 'Prostitution is rape,' and 'Brothel = rape facility.'

The silent call for help of Israeli prostitutes

Addressing prostitution requires more than the passage of a law. The need to do so became painfully clear in the wake of the suicide of a Tel Aviv prostitute earlier this month.

Egyptian school pupils march in front of the site of the Great Pyramids during a trip to Giza, Egypt

In Egypt, 'free' education is luxury saved for rich

Surging dropout rate seems only answer to overcrowded classrooms, but even those who hang on face exorbitant sums for private lessons.