1 - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '15'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • zionist forever
    • 25.05.10 | 19:47 (IDT)

    In 1947 the UN divided British mandate Palestine 51% jews & 49% to the arabs & nobody got Jerusalem. The arabs rejected this resolution and chose war and the result was when the war ended in 1949 Israel was left 78% of mandate Palestine the remaining 22% minus Gaza went to Jordan & Gaza to Egypt. Israel captured Jerusaelem but as part of the ceasefire agreement the city for its first & last time in its history Jerusalem was, Israel made Jerusalem its capital and Jordan did not. In the late 80s Jordan renounced its claims to the remaining 22% of mandate Palestine ( West Bank ) and Egypt renounced its claim to Gaza in the 1979 peace treaty. As the palestinians rejected 181 in 1947 they never got a state and until it all becomes official Judea & Samaria will remain DISPUTED land not occupied. Private land is private land public land is not private and like in all countries individuals own their own homes not regions ( public land ). Resolotion 181 is irrelivent these days because even if we do create a palestinian entity they will only get 22% ( 5860km ) of what they could have had if they had accepted 181 when they had the chance. Its also a fact that if we create a palestinan state once the celebrations are over it will never be viable -- no natural recurces, shortage of basics like water, growing population, not enough land, not enough money ( once this state is created the foreign donations will dry up ). We can create a palestinian state but its never going to survive .. they are not even going to be allowed a military or even have a comercial military industry as a condition of being granted statehood. If they want something viable then they should look at alternative solutions like Jordan being the palestinian state.

    from the article: Who says Jews and racism don't go together?
    First published 04:02 25.05.10 | Last updated 04:02 25.05.10
Haaretz Headlines
Elie Wiesel.
Newly unearthed version of Elie Wiesel's seminal work is a scathing indictment of God, Jewish world

In Wiesel’s uncensored Hebrew 'Night' manuscript, unveiled here for the first time, the author expresses desire to take revenge on the Hungarians, lashes out at fellow Jews and describes sexual scenes from the train to Auschwitz.

03:47 01.05.16 | 5 comments
Jeremy Corbyn at a pro-Palestinian rally in London, 2014.
Why Britain’s Labour Party has suddenly become synonymous with anti-Semitism

When senior party members spout vile anti-Jewish theories and at the same time insist they are in no way anti-Semites, they truly believe they are not lying.

09:39 01.05.16 | 16 comments
U.S. President Barack Obama speaks at the White House Correspondents Association's annual dinner

Obama slams Trump at White House correspondents' dinner

U.S. president calls Republican establishment 'incredulous', jokes that Trump's involvement in Miss Universe pageant makes up for minimal foreign policy experience.

J Street Israel director Yael Patir
Head of J Street Israel refuses to take the blame for lack of peace

Yael Patir, Israel director of the left-leaning U.S. Jewish body, sat down with Haaretz to talk about Trump, the gap between U.S. and Israeli Jews, and the growing anger at the Israeli peace camp. Though she concedes boycott efforts by some on the left have a negative effect, she rejects calls to keep peace efforts local.

01:12 01.05.16 | 5 comments