The main suspect in a gang rape case in north Tel Aviv agreed Monday to a plea bargain in which he would admit to a lesser charge than the initial rape indictment, and the State Attorney would ask for a sentence of only six years and eight months in prison.

The suspect was arrested in March, alongside 12 other teenagers suspected for gang raping a teenage girl for over three years, since she was 15-years-old.

The central suspect in the case, who's name remains undisclosed due to his age, will be charged with a more severe degree of assault than the other suspects, as the victim was allegedly in love with him and he orchestrated the encounters.

According to the plea bargain, which will be brought before a Tel Aviv Court judge on Tuesday for approval, the suspect will be permitted to plea for a reduced sentence than the one stated in the plea bargain.

During the confrontations which took place after the arrests in March, two suspects accused the alleged ringleader of arranging all of the meetings with the victim. During the initial questioning he contended that his sexual relationship with the girl was consensual, but investigators said that when he was confronted with evidence such as cell phone videos, he had no response.

Regarding why the case came to light only after three years of assault, it emerged that the girl was admitted to the Ichilov hospital emergency room twice, in 2008 and 2009. A hospital source said that medical personnel could not have known she had been raped by 13 assailants.

She was treated for emotional distress there, and did not mention she had been physically assaulted, and therefore was not sent for physical examinations, he said.