At least seven Hamas members were killed Tuesday when an Israel Air Force missile struck a Hamas police headquarters in the southern Gaza Strip, the Islamist group said.

The Israel Defense Forces confirmed the air strike, east of the town of Khan Yunis, in response to Qassam rockets fired from Gaza into southern Israel Tuesday morning, which hit two factories in the southern city of Serot.

Several people were wounded in the IAF strike and some were in critical condition, said Dr. Moaiya Hassanain, a Palestinian Health Ministry official.

Islam Shahwan, a spokesman for the Hamas police, said the strike hit the police station in the southern Gaza village of Abassan. He said the men were performing afternoon prayers when the building was hit.

A Hamas leader, Sami Abu Zuhri, said Israel would pay a high price for "these crimes."

Also Tuesday, IAF aircraft fired missiles at Palestinian rocket squads in northern Gaza shortly after nightfall, wounding three people, Palestinian security and hospital officials said.

The wounded were civilians, said Palestinian health ministry official Dr. Moaiya Hassanain. The IDF said the target was a Palestinian rocket squad.

Earlier Tuesday, IDF troops killed two Palestinian gunmen from the Hamas movement near the town of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip.

The incidents occurred after a Hamas source said the group's armed wing had claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing that killed a woman and wounded 11 other people in the southern town of Dimona on Monday.

An IDF spokeswoman confirmed the clashes near Rafah, saying: "Troops spotted two suspicious men approaching them and identified hitting them."

IDF troops frequently carry out raids in the Gaza Strip to hunt militants launching rockets at Israel.

Hamas seized control of the Gaza Strip in June after routing secular Fatah forces loyal to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

The attack in Dimona was the first time Hamas' armed wing had claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing inside Israel since August 2004, when 16 people were killed and 100 wounded in explosions on two buses in the southern Israeli city of Be'er Sheva.