Surfer seriously injured in Australian shark attack (AP)
Greece's Tsipras asserts control over party with congress vote (Reuters)
- 12:46 AM
Judge sets $1m bond for Ohio officer charged in murder of unarmed African-American (Reuters)
Nigeria rescues 71, mostly women and girls, from Boko Haram (AP)
Education Minister Bennett orders increased funding for gay youth organizations (Haaretz)
Hundreds march in Jerusalem, chanting 'homophobia begins in corridors of the government' (Haaretz)
U.S., allies conduct 31 air strikes in Syria and Iraq against ISIS militants (Reuters)
Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade: Stabber is Yishai Schlissel, the 2005 parade attacker (Haaretz)
3 wounded in apparent stabbing in Jerusalem Gay Pride parade, Channel 10 reports (Haaretz)
Turkish Airlines Boeing makes emergency landing in Warsaw (Reuters)
Supreme Court rejects plea for freeze on expansion of asylum seekers' detention (Haaretz)
U.S. to deliver 8 advanced F-16s to Egypt on July 30-31, U.S. embassy in Cairo says (Reuters)
Saudi-backed forces advance on rebel-held province in Yemen (DPA)
India hangs only man sentenced to die for 1993 Mumbai blasts (AP)
Modern Manna / Tilapia and roasted tomatoes in tahini sauce
Drizzle a little tahini on this white fish for a delicious and healthy cream sauce.
For the tahini sauce:
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup tahini
4 tilapia fillets
Flour for dusting
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 ripe tomatoes, cut to 6 sections
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 hot pepper, serrano or jalapeno (optional)
1. Make the tahini sauce. Put all the sauce ingredients in a food processor or a blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
2. Oven to 325 degrees.
3. Sprinkle tilapia fillets with salt and pepper, dust with flour and shake the excess off.
4. Spray an 8” oven proof pan with cooking spray, add one tablespoon olive oil and fry the tilapia over high heat for two minutes each side. Transfer to a plate.
5. Return the pan to the heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil and the tomatoes. Do not stir or shake the pan for a couple of minutes to let the tomatoes char a little, then stir, add garlic, hot pepper and kosher salt and continue roasting, pressing tomatoes with a fork, until soft and juices are released, about 5-7 minutes. Adjust salt to taste. Remove from heat.
6. Arrange tilapia on top of the roasted tomatoes and drizzle tahini sauce on top (you don’t need to use all the sauce). Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the fish is done. Serve hot with couscous or rice.