Labor court orders Jerusalem light rail operators to return to work (Haaretz)
2 Turkish security personnel killed, 24 wounded by Kurdish suicide bomb in eastern Turkey (Reuters)
Iran oil minister expects to raise production to 500,000 barrels per day post sanctions (DPA)
Jerusalem light rail conductors striking over new train schedule (Haaretz)
No change in medical status among Jerusalem Gay Pride stabbing victims (Haaretz)
Peru forces rescue 54 adults and children held captive by Shining Path (AP)
- 4:10 AM
- 2:39 AM
3 shooting victims breach Israeli border from Egypt, rushed to Be'er Sheva hospital (Haaretz)
- 10:41 PM
Education Minister Bennett cancels planned appearance at LGBT rally in Tel Aviv (Haaretz)
U.S.-led coalition conducts 11 airstrikes in Syria, 19 in Iraq against ISIS targets (Reuters)
- 9:45 PM
- 8:57 PM
Modern Manna recipe / Fettuccine with fresh peas and ricotta
This recipe calls for fresh peas, but will work fine with frozen ones.
Hand-dipped ricotta will taste much better than the commercial cheese.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
10 oz. fresh shelled peas
1/2 cup hand-dipped ricotta cheese
1 lb. fresh egg fettuccine (or dried egg pasta)
Salt to taste
Grated parmesan for serving
1. Boil salted water to cook the pasta.
2. In a frying pan melt the butter over medium-low heat, add the peas and cook for 4-5 minutes while stirring until the peas are tender.
3. Reserve half the peas in a bowl and mash the other half in the food processor until almost smooth. Mix the mashed peas with the ricotta in a large bowl that can hold the pasta.
4. Cook the pasta according to its directions, save 1/2 cup of the cooking water and drain.
5. Add the cooking water to the ricotta mixture and mix well using a whisk. Add salt to taste.
6. Mix the pasta with the ricotta-pea sauce, top with the reserved peas and serve with the parmesan.