Modern Manna recipe / Fettuccine with fresh peas and ricotta
This recipe calls for fresh peas, but will work fine with frozen ones.
Hand-dipped ricotta will taste much better than the commercial cheese.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
10 oz. fresh shelled peas
1/2 cup hand-dipped ricotta cheese
1 lb. fresh egg fettuccine (or dried egg pasta)
Salt to taste
Grated parmesan for serving
1. Boil salted water to cook the pasta.
2. In a frying pan melt the butter over medium-low heat, add the peas and cook for 4-5 minutes while stirring until the peas are tender.
3. Reserve half the peas in a bowl and mash the other half in the food processor until almost smooth. Mix the mashed peas with the ricotta in a large bowl that can hold the pasta.
4. Cook the pasta according to its directions, save 1/2 cup of the cooking water and drain.
5. Add the cooking water to the ricotta mixture and mix well using a whisk. Add salt to taste.
6. Mix the pasta with the ricotta-pea sauce, top with the reserved peas and serve with the parmesan.