Autopsy results indicate 7-year-old boy wasn't raped before murder
Peres and Netanyahu condemn murder; Findings also show boy was murdered by strangulation by bare hands.
The 7-year-old Ashdod boy who was murdered over the weekend was not raped before his death, according to results of his autopsy transferred to the police on Sunday.
The autopsy results of the Abu Kabir Institute of Forensic Medicine also indicate that the boy's death was caused by strangulation by bare hands.
Hundreds of people attended Leon Kalantarov's funeral on Sunday, who was buried along with his favorite toys in a cemetery in Ashdod.
"Leon was a wonderful child, I remember his beautiful innocent eyes," his teacher said.
Kalantarov's body was found at the house of twins Naor and Adir Sudmi, in their 20s, on Friday morning. On Friday, the court extended the twins' remand by seven days. .
A source providing welfare services in Ashdod said the twins have a history of violent offenses and that they had been committed for related offenses to the Neveh Horesh institute for delinquent youths.
President Shimon Peres and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu both spoke out Sunday on the issue of violence against children, after both Leon Kalantarov and an 8-month-old baby girl were brutally murdered over the weekend.
"As a citizen of the State of Israel," Peres said, "I want to voice my deepest shock over the terrible murders of innocent children Fruma and Leon. We won't tolerate such events. This time, the entire country must enlist. It is the duty of us all to be horrified in unison, and to learn the necessary lessons so that our children will grow up in a safe environment."
Meanwhile, Netanyahu announced at the weekly cabinet meeting Sunday his plan to establish a task force "to examine what steps the Government must take - in addition to those already in place - in order to assure the security of our children from such horrors."