Egypt's official news agency says the country's prosecutor general has ordered that ex-President Hosni Mubarak be moved from a lush military hospital back to prison, now that his health has improved.
It was an indication of Mubarak's stabilizing health after he was rushed from a prison hospital last month. At the time, he was said to be near death after suffering a stroke.
Prosecutor General Abdel Maguid Mahmoud's decision means Mubarak could be back in prison later Monday.
The 84-year-old Mubarak was sentenced to life in prison for failing to stop the killing of hundreds of protesters during last year's uprising against his regime.
He was held in a military hospital before the verdict, and after a brief incarceration in a prison hospital, he was taken back to a military facility.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now