Shimon Peres was a relentless optimist and a tough and resourceful patriot. He sought peace for Israel's long-term security, and out of a profound compassion for the Palestinians to fulfill their destiny through statehood.
- White House: President Obama will lead the U.S. delegation to Shimon Peres funeral (Haaretz)
- Poll: 56 percent of Americans say Clinton did better than Trump in Monday's debate (Reuters)
- Turkey's national security council says to propose extending post-coup state of emergency (Reuters)
- U.S. Congress rejects Obama's veto of bill letting relatives of 9/11 victims sue Saudis (Reuters)
- Syrian opposition says political solution is no longer viable option for Syrian conflict (Reuters)
- White House: Obama wants to come to Peres' funeral, but we're still working on logistics (Haaretz)
- U.S. House vote on Obama veto of Saudi Sept 11 bill, following Senate override (Reuters)
- U.S. taking steps to suspend Syria deal with Russia unless it moves to end Aleppo assault (Reuters)
- UN's Ban Ki-moon: War crimes being committed in Syria, Aleppo worse than slaughterhouse (Reuters)
- Russian missile-maker says rejects MH17 investigation findings (Reuters)
- Kremlin says preparations underway for Putin to visit Turkey in October (Reuters)
- Ukraine says MH17 crash probe points to Russia's 'direct involvement' (Reuters)
- Syrian regime attacks two hospitals, bread distribution center in rebel-held areas of Aleppo (AP)
- Egypt sentences 40 suspected ISIS members to life in prison (AP)
- U.S. strike on ISIS in Afghanistan kills 21, possibly including civilians (Reuters)
Israeli politicians and American Jewish leaders lauding him today undermined Shimon Peres when it could have made a difference.
The great patriotism he exuded, his deep certainty in the justice of our being here, brought him to dovish positions that he fought for relentlessly.
Leaders from across the world express condolences over the death of former Israeli president Shimon Peres, who will lie in state at the Knesset on Thursday.
Jewish organizations in Israel, the U.S. and around the world laud Shimon Peres as a respected leader and a warrior for peace.
Russian or Syrian warplanes knock major hospital out of service, damage another and kill six residents waiting in line for bread as battle becomes potentially crucial turning point in war.
Mor Shani and the Inbal dancers have created a melting pot of folk dances through the ages. While some elements of ‘Simple Dance’ fall short, overall it’s a refreshing piece, complete with violent moves bordering on the erotic.
Presidents Obama, Clinton to attend Shimon Peres funeral | How Israel Makes a 3rd Intifada Brutally Difficult | Dov Charney's next act