Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni said she intends to request an urgent meeting with the minister of defense and the prime minister, to reevaluate the cease-fire with Hamas.
Referring a barrage of more than 20 Qassam rockets and mortar shells fired at Israel by Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip over the weekend, Livni said: "The agreement isn't being observed by the other side anyway."
No injuries or damage were reported in the attacks, and Israeli security forces refrained from retaliating.
One of the rockets landed in the industrial zone of Ashkelon, north of the Gaza Strip. Two more rockets landed near Sderot in the evening.
In a separate incident, a Palestinian militant affiliated with the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine died in the Gaza Strip while planting a bomb near the border fence with Israel. Apparently, the bomb went off prematurely, killing the man on the spot.
In recent weeks the cease-fire between Israel and the militants in Gaza, which was reached in the summer, has been violated frequently, increasing speculation that the situation may soon return to the levels of violence before the truce came into effect.
Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Saturday that he has suspended the transfer of goods from Israel into the Gaza Strip because of the militants' persistent rocket attacks on Israeli population centers. Border crossings to Gaza have remained mostly closed since the beginning of November due to the militants' attacks.
Hamas has so far refrained from officially claiming responsibility for attacks on Israel.
Barak Ravid contributed to this article.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now