1 bunch radishes
2 cups frisee
4 green onions, thinly sliced
For the dressing:
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and black pepper to taste
1/2” thick slices of baguette, one for each diner
Olive oil for brushing
About 1 oz. of goat cheese per diner
1. Prepare the veggies to slice in the food processor: Peel the celeriac and cut to 1” thick sticks. Peel the carrots. Cut fennel to quarters lengthwise, and if it came with the stems and leaves, chop the leaves and keep on the side. Wash radishes. Slice the veggies with the slice disc of a food processor.
2. Transfer the sliced veggies into ice water for half an hour and up to a day in the refrigerator.
3. To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
4. When ready to serve turn the oven to broil. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and spread each one with a little olive oil. Broil for 2-3 minutes until slightly charred. Take baking sheet out, but leave the oven on. Arrange a thick slice of goat cheese on each bread slice. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
5. Drain the sliced vegetables and mix with frisée, green onion, fennel leaves (if you have them) and the salad dressing.
6. Put the baguette slices with cheese on top in the oven for an extra 2 minutes, then arrange each slice in a serving plate. Spoon the salad on top and serve immediately.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now