Presented by Cookkosher.com - The Home of Kosher Recipes
Member: Li-or Holzman
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving/Yields: 8x8 inch kugel
This recipe is gebrochts, but I assure you it is just as good all year round. Recipe amounts to an 8x8 square baking dish, but is easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
4 apples, grated
juice from 1/2 orange
2 oz. margarine, melted
cinnamon sugar and vanilla sugar
1. Heat oven to 350° F and liberally grease an 8x8 baking dish.
2. Run the matzahs under warm water and drain in colander.
3. In a large bowl, beats the eggs. Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, raisins, almonds and mix well.
4. Crush matzahs into egg mixture and add grated apples - mix until everything is coated.
5. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish - drizzle with melted margarine and juice from orange - then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and vanilla sugar.
6. Bake at 350° for 45 - 60 minutes. Serve warm.
Click here to rate and review this recipe.
Visit CookKosher.com for more kosher recipes.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now