Presented by Cookkosher.com
Quick, easy, no mixer, and best of all delicious and a great snack for the kids. I used chocolate chips, which the recipe calls for, but those wanting a less sweet version can omit the chocolate chips.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves/Yeilds: 16-20 bars
1½ cup rice krispies
1½ cup corn flakes
1 cup slivered almonds
2½ cup oats
½ cup optional-coconut
½ cup honey
⅔ cup brown sugar
¼ cup (½ stick) margarine
⅓ cup chocolate chips
A dash of cinnamon
1. Place rice krispies, cornflakes, almonds, oats and (optional coconut) on a baking sheet. Mix all and bake on 200ᵒC (400ᵒF) for 8-10 minutes. Mix halfway through.
2. Meanwhile, place brown sugar, margarine, honey, and cinnamon in a pot and heat until all are melted (about 5 minutes).
3. Place toasted ingredients into a large bowl. Add chocolate chips and melted syrup from saucepan. Mix well. The chocolate chips will melt, which is okay.
4. Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper. Pour granola mixture in and with another piece of parchment paper, press down hard on the granola, making sure to create an even compact layer.
5. Let cool at room temperature for about 2 - 3 hours. Lift out the paper with granola and cut with a sharp knife into desired size and shape. Store in freezer with paper in between the pieces so that the slices do not stick to one another.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now