Presented by Cookkosher.com - The Home of Kosher Recipes
Prep time: 10 minutes
A perfect gift for a simcha or chag.
1 (17.3 oz) puff pastry dough
2 egg whites
2 tbsp water
1½ cup sliced almonds
1½ cup sugar
1½ tbsp vanilla sugar
2 tbsp confectioners' sugar (for coating)
1. On large parchment paper, roll out half the dough to a 11" x 17" rectangle.
2. Combine egg whites and water, brush the entire dough.
3. Mix together sugar and almonds and sprinkle 1/2 cup over the dough.
4. Cover dough with parchment paper and, using rolling pin, roll over the dough, pressing the almonds into the dough.
5. Remove paper.
6. Repeat process with other half of dough and flip in over onto first half of dough. You will have a "sandwich" with the almonds in between the 2 layers of dough.
7. Cut 1/2" strips lengthwise (1/2" x 11").
8. Twist each strip and then form into a pretzel shape, tucking the ends under.
9. Place on lined cookie sheet.
10. Bake at 180C (350F) for 18 minutes.
11. Let cool.
12. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar before serving.
These can be kept room temperature, loosely covered with another cookie sheet.
Visit CookKosher.com for more kosher recipes.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now