Presented by Cookkosher.com
Prep time: 5 minutes
1/2 kg (1 lb) whole wheat angel hair pasta
½ cup pine nuts
½ cup olive oil, divided
1 bunch asparagus, tough stems removed and cut into 2.5cm (1 inch) pieces
⅛ cup white wine
1 lemon-juice and zest
⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (diced)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
¼ cup asiago cheese, grated
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook for 5-7 minutes until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a large pan to medium-high, add pine nuts and cook, stirring until golden brown for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add 1/4 cup olive oil and asparagus, turning heat to high, and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
4. Add additional 1/2 cup olive oil, white wine and lemon juice. Cook 3 minutes, until liquids begin to reduce.
5. Turn off heat and add sun-dried tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide pasta among four plates and top with asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with lemon zest and asiago cheese.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now