Potato & mallow patties for Passover
You can create this dish out of spinach, too.
You can create this dish out of spinach, too, but you'll have to buy it in the store, as opposed to using mallows that are yours for free.
40-50 mallow leaves, preferably young (or spinach)
3 cups boiling water
3 med. potatoes
1 tbsp. sugar
4 tbsp. flour
1. Wash the mallow leaves, removing any remnant of the stem. Put them in a pot with the boiling water, salt and pepper, and cook for 7-10 minutes.
2. Drain the mallow leaves, squeeze out excess liquid and chop them up.
3. Peel the potatoes, cut them into chunks, pour 1 cup boiling water over them, add salt and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Chop the potatoes using the steel blade of your food processor. Then using a spoon, mix them with the chopped mallows, salt, pepper, sugar, eggs and flour.
5. Fry them in the form of patties. Because of their texture, you won't be able to form the patties by hand, so spoon 2 tbsp. at a time of the mixture into 1/2 cm. hot oil in a good skillet and flatten with a spoon.