Kosher for Passover matza cake
A classic Passover dessert.
Recipe from Roy Wolf, vice president for research and development at matza manufacturer Matzot Aviv.
Difficulty level: Medium
1 loaf pan
100 grams matza cake meal
180 grams sugar
4 eggs, separated
Grated peel of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Powdered sugar, for decorating
30 grams melted butter or margarine, for greasing the pan
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Beat egg yolks with 50 grams sugar until the mixture turns white. Add matza cake meal, grated lemon peel and vanilla extract and fold gently into egg yolk mixture.
3. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites and gradually add remaining sugar until you get a stable foam.
4. Add two tablespoons of egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture and stir.
5. Gradually add egg white and egg yolk mixture to remaining egg white mixture. Fold in gently until achieving uniform consistency.
6. Grease pan well and pour in batter.
7. Put pan into preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cake turns a brownish gold color.
8. Take the cake out of the oven and overturn it immediately onto a metal rack to cool. Decorate by sprinkling powdered sugar on top.
Like us on Facebook and get articles directly in your news feed