Passover apple pie from Cookkosher.com
A secret Passover recipe from my aunt; simple ingredients that yield a high quality pie.
Presented by Cookkosher.com - The Home of Kosher Recipes
Although the ingredients are nothing unusual, they yield a high quality and addictive pie. Dare we say one of the best Passover pies around. My aunt has helper that knows the family recipes better than my aunt, but to make herself indispensable she doesn't give them out. When she does, something is always missing. When I called her to get this recipe, it didn't seem right. But after a couple of phone calls and some memory digging, I assembled it the way it was supposed to be. Share it. Now, that is sweet revenge!
Member: Leah Schapira
Prep time: 15 minutes
5 granny smith apples
½ potato starch
½ cup oil
1 cup sugar
¾ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla sugar
For the Topping:
1¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts (not ground)
⅓-½ cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Peel and core apples. Slice apples into rings.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, eggs, oil, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla sugar. Add apples to the bowl and coat well.
4. Combine walnuts and sugar. Place half of the topping on the bottom of a round pan or Pyrex. Layer apples neatly.
5. Pour remaining egg mixture on top and allow it to settle into the apples. Sprinkle with remaining topping.
6. Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until golden brown. If top browns too fast, cover with foil and continue to bake.
Like us on Facebook and get articles directly in your news feed