Presented by Cookkosher.com
Prep time: 5 minutes
1/2 kg (1 lb) whole wheat angel hair pasta
½ cup pine nuts
½ cup olive oil, divided
1 bunch asparagus, tough stems removed and cut into 2.5cm (1 inch) pieces
⅛ cup white wine
1 lemon-juice and zest
⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (diced)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
¼ cup asiago cheese, grated
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook for 5-7 minutes until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a large pan to medium-high, add pine nuts and cook, stirring until golden brown for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add 1/4 cup olive oil and asparagus, turning heat to high, and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
4. Add additional 1/2 cup olive oil, white wine and lemon juice. Cook 3 minutes, until liquids begin to reduce.
5. Turn off heat and add sun-dried tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide pasta among four plates and top with asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with lemon zest and asiago cheese.