Two Palestinians were killed in Israeli air strikes against targets in the Gaza Strip,
Palestinian medical workers said on Friday.
They said they recovered the body of a man from a tunnel in the south of the coastal territory and the body of a second man remained under rubble.
The Israeli army said in a statement it had carried out air strikes against two tunnels dug by Palestinian militants in the southern Gaza Strip. Another air strike targeted a weapons storage building in northern Gaza.
Israel Air Force planes attacked targets in the Gaza Strip before dawn Friday, a day after Palestinian militants in the coastal territory fired mortar shells at the western Negev.
The strike was the first military attack against the Gaza Strip since the Israel Navy's deadly raid of a humanitarian aid flotilla en route to the territory last month.
More than 90 rockets and mortars have been fired at Israeli territory since the beginning of 2010, and over 330 rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip into Israel since the end of operation Cast Lead, according to the Israel Defense Forces.
"The IDF remains committed to protecting the citizens of Israel and will continue to act against terror," the army said in a statement. "The IDF holds Hamas solely responsible for terror emanating from the Gaza Strip."
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now