Israel struck targets in the Gaza Strip early Sunday morning, following rocket fire on the Sdot Negev region on Saturday night.
The attack marks the second attack in Gaza this month, after earlier in April two underground smuggling tunnels were bombed in response to rocket fire.
Israel Air Force craft struck two sites in the southern part of the Strip, the Israel Defense Force Spokesman said in a statement.
The two sites were a weapon storage facility and a "terror facility," the IDF spokesman's statement said.
The IDF confirmed a direct hit on the target, and reported that all IAF craft returned safely.
The IDF spokesman said in the statement that Israel will not tolerate attempts to harm its citizens or IDF soldiers, and that it has no intention of letting the situation return to what it was before Operation Pillar of Defense in November last year.
On Saturday night, the eve of Lag Ba'omer, alarms went off across Sdot Negev and Sha'ar Hanegev Regional Councils, and a rocket launched out of the Gaza Strip landed in an open area. No injuries were reported.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now