Obama, Biden and Kaine lambasted the GOP candidate, but it was former Republican Michael Bloomberg who probably drew the most blood at the DNC.
- Special police operation underway in Germany's Cologne's employment office, Bild reports (Reuters)
- Kremlin tells U.S.: Accusations of Russian involvement in DNC hack border on the stupid (Reuters)
- U.S. State Dept.: Israel continuing 'pattern of provocative, counterproductive action' (Reuters)
- Turkish FM: Germany should extradite Turkish prosecutors linked to Gulen (Reuters)
- Turkish FM: over 300 Foreign Ministry staff linked to cleric Gulen (Reuters)
- Merkel says Germany stands against terrorists' culture of hatred (Reuters)
- China, Russia plan joint military drills in South China Sea (AP)
- Rights group: Russia, Syria forces using cluster bombs again (AP)
- Following attempted coup, Turkey dismisses 88 Foreign Ministry staff (Reuters)
- Syria's Assad offers amnesty to rebels who surrender (AP)
- Police arrest another 17 La Familia members as probe into soccer fan club continues (Haaretz)
- Russian defense minister: Russia, Syrian gov't to start humanitarian operation in Aleppo (Reuters)
- Two top Turkish generals resign following mass dismissal of military personnel (Reuters)
- French identify second church attacker from DNA (AP)
- Pope Francis to visit Auschwitz death camp on Friday (AP)
In America, Israel, Britain and throughout Europe, a political-economic agenda that has ceased to function is causing an outbreak of forces that undermine the social order.
Israel killed 546 Palestinian children over the course of only 50 days in Gaza in 2014. Of those, 180 were babies and toddlers under the age of five.
Older of two alleged victims, from a prominent ultra-Orthodox family, come forward after discovering that her father also abused a younger sister.
Mediterranean tartines (open-faced sandwiches) are ideal for the sweltering days of July and August. Here are three tried-and-tested recipes.
Assad, meanwhile, issued a decree offering an amnesty to armed opposition fighters who surrender within three months and urging all detainees to be freed.
In which the author of the column confesses her ignorance of Paul Laurence Dunbar and a formative national text.
Bill Clinton's Hebrew Hillary Pin | That time DWS invited Biden to a bat mitzvah | Conversation with MK Israel Katz | Jay Zeidman BDay