The legislation, which would not apply to the illegal outpost of Amona, slated for evacuation under a court order, passes 58 to 51.
- Netanyahu tells Hollande: Cancel peace conference and I will come to Paris to meet Abbas (Haaretz)
- Rep. Keith Ellison says he'll resign Congress if elected DNC chair (Haaretz)
- NATO commander says 150 Turkish officers gone since coup (AP)
- Italian Premier Matteo Renzi says he's resigning now that budget law has passed (AP)
- Lieberman on Syria strike: Israel trying to prevent Hezbollah from obtaining WMDs (Haaretz)
- Shin Bet: 3 Palestinian minors detained, suspected of committing W. Bank shooting attacks (Haaretz)
- Pakistani national carrier's plane missing after takeoff (AP)
- Four migrants die, 34 rescued en route from Morocco to Europe (AP)
- Death toll in Indonesia quake reaches 93 (Reuters)
- Turkish airstrikes kill 23 ISIS militants in Syria's al-Bab region (Reuters)
- Aleppo rebels call for evacuation of 500 critical medical cases under UN supervision (Reuters)
- Russian military adviser killed in Syria, defense ministry says (Reuters)
- Death toll in Indonesian earthquake rises to 52 (AP)
- Reports: Israeli jets strike Damascus military airport (Haaretz)
- Monitor: Syrian army seizes Aleppo Old City from rebels (Reuters)
If reports on the recent bombings in Syria are true, it would appear that Israel considered the target urgent enough and believed Moscow wouldn't object. Still, Israeli decision-makers are walking a tightrope.
Some of the paintings may have passed through the hands of a dealer the Nazis let sell 'degenerate' art they disliked, and who had amassed a cache of roughly 1,400 works of art.
Thousands protest white supremacist Richard Spencer’s visit to university. 'This may be one spark, but if you don’t make it clear you’re going to stamp it out, it can catch and spread like wildfire,' one professor says.
The delegation will meet with State Department officials ahead of the Paris peace conference and the submission of a new resolution to the UN Security Council.
When Shmuel Yosef Agnon was evacuated to the Jerusalem home of the famed kabbalist Gershom Scholem during the War of Independence, he found a letter that would make every Airbnb host proud.