Ankara steps up its cross-border offensive, as rebels seek to wrest control of areas around border-city Jarablus from forces backed by Kurds; Turkish soldier killed in rocket attack on tank.
- Turkish soldier killed, three wounded in rocket attack on tank near Jarablus, Syria (Reuters)
- Syrian Kurdish militia says Turkish vehicles cross border into Kobani area; Turkey denies (Reuters)
- Kurdish-backed rebels fight Turkish tanks in northern Syria, militias say (AP)
- Turkish warplanes strike ISIS, Kurdish militia targets in Syria, Turkish official say (Reuters)
- At least 15 killed in barrel bomb attack in Aleppo, Syrian activists say (AP)
- Four Turkish soldiers wounded after attack by Kurdish militants, Turkish news reports (AP)
- 20-year-old woman caught with knife in bag at Qalandiyah checkpoint near Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Turkish airstrikes target Syrian Democratic Forces allies, cause civilian casualties (Reuters)
- Italy earthquake death toll reaches 284 (AP)
- UN condemns four North Korean ballistic missile launches (AP)
- Kerry: 'Clarity' achieved with Russia on Syria truce steps (AP)
- Bomb squad sent to Birmingham, England, after arrest of terrorist suspects (Reuters)
- White House: Actions by Iranian vessels are cause for concern (Reuters)
- Two Palestinian reportedly hurt in clashes with Israel along Gaza border, local media says (Haaretz)
- Death toll from Italian earthquake hits 278 (Reuters)
Michael Foster is leading the drive to unseat the U.K. Labour Party leader, calling his supporters ‘Nazi storm troopers.’ But while every anti-Semitic utterance in Britain has caused a furor recently, why was the ex-showbiz agent’s comment allowed to slip through?
Despite the uncertainty regarding his political and also personal status these days, the liveliness and energy displayed by PM Netanyahu evince vitality and strength. People want to buy what he’s selling, Herzog possibly included.
In incident near Silwad in West Bank, 38-year-old Iyad Zakaria Hamed was shot dead by Kfir Brigade soldiers after he allegedly ran toward their guard post. Military Police to investigate claim that he was shot in the back.
The borders of Abkhazian cuisine, like the political borders of that conflicted region, are hard to define. Lea Ocheri and Bella Chanan try to pin it down.
Under the potential agreement with Tehran, Iran would import Iraqi oil to its refineries and export an equivalent amount of its own crude on behalf of Baghdad from Iranian ports on the Gulf.
Roei Freilich has created a loud mishmash of disco and guitars; young singer Aveva’s debut single is groovy; and Joca Perpignan has made an appealing version of ‘My Little Sister.’
Republican mega donor had reportedly pledged to spend up to $100m on presidential race, but is now more concerned Trump may cost Republicans' their control of Congress.