Jewish and Arab suspects known to intelligence officials detained the day before funeral of Shimon Peres, which will be one of the largest and most complex events ever held in Israel.
- U.S. calls Russian, Syrian bombing in Aleppo a "gift" to ISIS (Reuters)
- 35,000 pay respects to Peres in Knesset plaza; visiting hours extended to 11:00 P.M. (Haaretz)
- U.S.: Airstrikes have killed 18 ISIS "leaders" within last month (Reuters)
- Kerry: U.S. on verge of suspending Syria talks with Russia (Reuters)
- Russia accuses U.S. of siding with "terrorists" in Syria (AP)
- 1 dead, over 100 in New Jersey train crash
- Over 100 reportedly injured in New Jersey train crash (AP)
- Sameh Shoukry, Egypt's foreign minister, will attend Peres' funeral (Haaretz)
- Turkey to complete wall on border with Syria by next spring, says defense minister (Reuters)
- Jordan to send Deputy PM Jawad Anani to funeral of Shimon Peres (Haaretz)
- Commuter train hits rail station in New Jersey; no word on casualties (AP)
- UN: Up to 600 wounded and in need of evacuation in eastern Aleppo (Reuters)
- Four dead, 23 missing after an inflatable boat sinks off southwest Turkey (AP)
- Israel approves Abbas' request to attend Peres' funeral as head of Palestinian delegation (Haaretz)
- Barack Obama to arrive in Israel for Shimon Peres' funeral (Haaretz)
If Israel is on the verge of a moral abyss, then Peres had a part in that. If it’s a country en route to apartheid, he was a founding partner. The truth must be told: Shimon Peres wanted peace, but never saw Palestinians as equal to Jews.
Want to cook a big holiday meal with as little stress as possible? Vered Guttman draws on her catering prowess to create this day-by-day prep schedule — plus two fancy but easy appetizer recipes.
Joint List MK Ayman Odeh cites differences between how Shimon Peres has been eulogized and the way the Arab public remembers him.
The conservative website has been accused of peddling anti-Semitism in the past.
The Obama administration is considering alternatives, including military options, to bring about the end of the Syrian war.
American reporter Noor Tagouri splits Islamic opinion over stigma-breaking photo shoot and interview.
Obama and Peres — Fast Friends | Apple quietly developing iPhone 8 in Israel | Meet Noah Kraft's Doppler Labs; Emily Weiss' Glossie