• Syrian Foreign Ministry said that the Assad regime won't back down before opposition. Meanwhile, at least nine people were killed in fresh clashes across the country.
• Time Magazine reported that Israel's Mossad has scaled back covert operations in Iran, in areas such as high-profile missions, including assassinations and detonations at Iranian missile bases, and spy recruitment inside Iran nuclear program.
• Argentina’s former President Carlos Menem was ordered to stand trial for obstructing justice in an investigation over the 1994 bombing of a Jewish cultural center in Buenos Aires, local media reported.
• U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton met with Saudi King Abdullah to discuss regional military strategy and increasing oil sanctions against Iran while ensuring ample global petroleum supplies
• A new book tries to render into Hebrew the work of pioneering modernist poet Stephane Mallarme. The result: a new volume with a key to help readers enter this sophisticated literary salon.
• According to figures collected by the fisheries department of Israel's Agriculture Ministry, in the past decade there has been a 40 percent decline in the local quantity of fish – meaning that as Israelis consume more seafood, Mediterranean and Kinneret produce less.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now