Modern Manna recipe / Israeli couscous with cabbage and beef
A delicious one-pot meal that includes your protein, carbs and veggies all together.
The Israeli couscous absorbs the flavors of the beef from underneath and from the cabbage on top and comes out especially flavorful.
1 lb. beef (such as chuck eye steak or shoulder center steak) cut into 1inch cubes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, halved and sliced
1/2 red cabbage, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 1/4 cups Israeli couscous
1. Salt and pepper the beef. Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pot and sear the beef for a few minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add the onion to the pot and cook until golden. Add the cabbage and cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer the cabbage to a bowl.
3. Arrange the beef at the bottom of the pot, put the Israeli couscous on top of the beef and the cabbage on top of the couscous.
4. Measure 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Pour the salty water on the cabbage. Cover the pot with a double layer of paper towel, cover with the lid and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
5. Turn the heat off and let the dish sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Like us on Facebook and get articles directly in your news feed