Modern Manna recipe / Beef kebab in tahini sauce and tomato salsa
The kebabs will taste best when prepared over a charcoal grill. Alternatively you can use a gas grill or a heavy grill pan.
For the kebab:
3 lbs. ground beef chuck
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
1 yellow onion, grated
2 TBSP olive oil
2 teaspoons sumac (optional)
2 tsp salt
For the tahini sauce:
1/3 cup cold water
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
Salt to taste
1/2 cup tahini paste
2 TBSP chopped mint
For the salsa:
2 tomatoes, chopped
Juice from one lemon
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
3 TBSP chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients for the kebab and form flat patties about 3.5” long and 1.5” wide using your hands. Arrange in a tray, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Turn the oven to 400 degrees.
3. To prepare the tahini sauce mix the first 4 ingredients in a food processor for one minute, then gradually add the tahini to form a thin paste. Mix in the chopped mint leaves and keep on the side.
4. To make the salsa simply mix all of the ingredients together and add salt to taste.
5. Heat your BBQ grill to high heat and sear the kebabs for 3 minutes, flip and grill for 3 minutes longer. Alternatively, sear the kebab the same way on a heavy grill pan. Transfer the kebabs to a rimmed baking sheet in one layer and bake in the oven for 8 minutes longer until they’re fully cooked.
6. Arrange the kebab on a warm serving tray, drizzle tahini sauce on top and spoon the salsa on top of the tahini. Serve immediately.
Like us on Facebook and get articles directly in your news feed