Elor Azaria’s lawyers to bring settlers to testify that shooting was necessary; most previous similar cases resulted in plea bargains.
- Turkish warplanes, artillery strike Kurdish militia targets in northern Syria (Reuters)
- Priest wounded in suspected terror attack by knife-wielding assailant on Indonesian church (Reuters)
- Pedestrian, 50, seriously injured by bus in Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Sources: Ultra-Orthodox party to demand PM to boot transport minister over Sabbath crisis (Haaretz)
- Turkish soldier killed, three wounded in rocket attack on tank near Jarablus, Syria (Reuters)
- Syrian Kurdish militia says Turkish vehicles cross border into Kobani area; Turkey denies (Reuters)
- Kurdish-backed rebels fight Turkish tanks in northern Syria, militias say (AP)
- Turkish warplanes strike ISIS, Kurdish militia targets in Syria, Turkish official say (Reuters)
- At least 15 killed in barrel bomb attack in Aleppo, Syrian activists say (AP)
- Four Turkish soldiers wounded after attack by Kurdish militants, Turkish news reports (AP)
- 20-year-old woman caught with knife in bag at Qalandiyah checkpoint near Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Turkish airstrikes target Syrian Democratic Forces allies, cause civilian casualties (Reuters)
- Italy earthquake death toll reaches 284 (AP)
- UN condemns four North Korean ballistic missile launches (AP)
- Kerry: 'Clarity' achieved with Russia on Syria truce steps (AP)
The borders of Abkhazian cuisine, like the political borders of that conflicted region, are hard to define. Lea Ocheri and Bella Chanan try to pin it down.
Unofficial estimates put the total number of Arab tourists at between 50,000-60,000 a year, with about a quarter buying property in the Balkan state. Businesses are delighted, but others are concerned of visitors' effect.
Suggested punishment would include $200 fine and attendance at workshop to learn about hardships of those driven to prostitution.
Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, scholar and author, thought Judaism should evolve, which took him beyond Chabad.
The attack comes a day after Turkey fought Kurdish-backed forces in northern Syria and Ankara launched airstrikes against both Kurdish militia fighters and ISIS.
Roei Freilich has created a loud mishmash of disco and guitars; young singer Aveva’s debut single is groovy; and Joca Perpignan has made an appealing version of ‘My Little Sister.’
Republican mega donor had reportedly pledged to spend up to $100m on presidential race, but is now more concerned Trump may cost Republicans' their control of Congress.