After two weeks in hospital, Israel's elder statesman's condition seems irreversible. Israeli media reports that Peres' family are saying their goodbyes.
- Hospitalized Shimon Peres suffers serious deterioration, condition seems irreversible (Haaretz)
- Israel Police issue security alert in Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Germany's Merkel calls for Syria cease-fire, cites 'very brutal' targeting of civilians (AP)
- Hezbollah says no political solution foreseeable for Syria, final word is on battlefield (Reuters)
- Death toll rises to 177 in migrant boat disaster off Egyptian coast (Reuters)
- Iran's Rohani vows to continue support of Syrian government against 'terrorism' (Reuters)
- Iran's Ahmadinejad drops plans to seek re-election after discouragement from Ayatollah (AP)
- PRC organization in Gaza says developed rocket with range to strike central Israel (Haaretz)
- Two bombs explode in Germany's Dresden at mosque, conference center; none wounded (Reuters)
- CNN snap poll: 62 percent feel Clinton won first debate against Trump (Reuters)
- Thirteen wounded as bus, car crash in southern Israel; two in serious condition (Haaretz)
- Israeli soldier seriously wounded during drills at base in southern Israel (Haaretz)
- Colombia, FARC sign historic peace deal ending long conflict (AP)
- Pentagon spokesman: Islamic State 'dead set' on using chemical arms (Reuters)
- Military Police opens investigation of video of soldiers burning a warehouse near Nablus (Haaretz)
The Democratic candidate was tougher and fiercer than any of Trump’s 16 GOP rivals.
Netanyahu gets a nod from Trump as he spar with Clinton over ISIS, Iran nuclear deal - a look at what presidential candidates said about the Mideast during their first debate.
Testifying on behalf of so-called Hebron shooter, former Gaza division commander describes him as 'cool-headed' and 'reasonable' in his behavior.
Clues in Babylonian texts lead to a Zoroastrian fertility rite as a plausible source for the custom of casting away one's sins.
Iran's supreme leader warns the hardline former president's candidacy would increase divisions in the Islamic Republic.
Archaeologist Alexander Onn compares the Second Temple era hall with Israel's parliamentary cafeteria, a modern meeting place of the ruling elite.
Debate Spin -- Ann Lewis on Hillary; David Friedman on Trump | Trump: "Bibi is not a happy camper" | Bibi responds to Hamilton 'boos'