If reports on the recent bombings in Syria are true, it would appear that Israel considered the target urgent enough and believed Moscow wouldn't object.
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.1 hits China's far western province of Xinjiang (Reuters)
- Indonesia earthquake death toll passes 100 (Reuters)
- U.S, Afghan officials worry Russian contacts with Taliban may turn into military support (Reuters)
- Netanyahu tells Hollande: Cancel peace conference and I will come to Paris to meet Abbas (Haaretz)
- Rep. Keith Ellison says he'll resign Congress if elected DNC chair (Haaretz)
- NATO commander says 150 Turkish officers gone since coup (AP)
- Italian Premier Matteo Renzi says he's resigning now that budget law has passed (AP)
- Lieberman on Syria strike: Israel trying to prevent Hezbollah from obtaining WMDs (Haaretz)
- Shin Bet: 3 Palestinian minors detained, suspected of committing W. Bank shooting attacks (Haaretz)
- Pakistani national carrier's plane missing after takeoff (AP)
- Four migrants die, 34 rescued en route from Morocco to Europe (AP)
- Death toll in Indonesia quake reaches 93 (Reuters)
- Turkish airstrikes kill 23 ISIS militants in Syria's al-Bab region (Reuters)
- Aleppo rebels call for evacuation of 500 critical medical cases under UN supervision (Reuters)
- Russian military adviser killed in Syria, defense ministry says (Reuters)
Yossi Wasserman used his position to get lavish perks, blackmail colleague, according to indictment.
Legendary last words of Simon Dubnow before being shot – possibly by a former student: 'If you survive, never forget what is happening here'
It is pretty much a foregone conclusion that next year would be a lousy one, and that's without considering Trump's policies.
The delegation will meet with State Department officials ahead of the Paris peace conference and the submission of a new resolution to the UN Security Council.
When Shmuel Yosef Agnon was evacuated to the Jerusalem home of the famed kabbalist Gershom Scholem during the War of Independence, he found a letter that would make every Airbnb host proud.