Netanyahu approves Abbas' request to lead a delegation of Palestinian officials to honor the late president on Friday, senior official says.
- Sameh Shoukry, Egypt's foreign minister, will attend Peres' funeral (Haaretz)
- Turkey to complete wall on border with Syria by next spring, says defense minister (Reuters)
- Jordan to send Deputy PM Jawad Anani to funeral of Shimon Peres (Haaretz)
- Commuter train hits rail station in New Jersey; no word on casualties (AP)
- UN: Up to 600 wounded and in need of evacuation in eastern Aleppo (Reuters)
- Four dead, 23 missing after an inflatable boat sinks off southwest Turkey (AP)
- Israel approves Abbas' request to attend Peres' funeral as head of Palestinian delegation (Haaretz)
- Barack Obama to arrive in Israel for Shimon Peres' funeral (Haaretz)
- Mahmoud Abbas asks Israel to attend Shimon Peres' funeral (Haaretz)
- Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to attend Peres' funeral on Friday (Haaretz)
- Turkey's Erdogan: Extension of emergency rule needed to eradicate threat after failed coup (Reuters)
- Russian Deputy FM: Moscow proposing 48-hour 'humanitarian pauses' in Syria's Aleppo (Reuters)
- Bill Clinton lands in Israel for Shimon Peres' funeral (Haaretz)
- Shimon Peres' casket placed in Knesset plaza for public farewell (Haaretz)
- Bahrain foreign minister on Shimon Peres: A man of war and a man of elusive peace (Haaretz)
If Israel is on the verge of a moral abyss, then Peres had a part in that. If it’s a country en route to apartheid, he was a founding partner. The truth must be told: Shimon Peres wanted peace, but never saw Palestinians as equal to Jews.
The courts' severe handling of Olmert's cases means police don't need suspicion of a mega crime to go after Netanyahu.
Rabbi Yoshiyahu Pinto is serving a year in prison for obstruction of justice and bribing a senior police officer, who later committed suicide.
Finds include lost cities rediscovered, fabulous jewels and ancient technologies that were a lot more advanced than expected.
Comment from U.S. State Department regarding potential terrorists' targeting of Russian targets was an 'emotional outburst,' says Moscow.
American reporter Noor Tagouri splits Islamic opinion over stigma-breaking photo shoot and interview.
Obama and Peres — Fast Friends | Apple quietly developing iPhone 8 in Israel | Meet Noah Kraft's Doppler Labs; Emily Weiss' Glossie