'Three quarters of the town is not there anymore,' the mayor of one affected town says. 'The aim now is to save as many lives as possible. There are voices under the rubble, we have to save the people there.'
- U.S. 'deeply concerned' about plans to advance construction for Jewish settlers in Hebron (Haaretz)
- Three Turkish soldiers reported wounded in attack on vehicle near resort town of Antalya (Reuters)
- Turkish police launch raids targeting ISIS in Istanbul (Reuters)
- ISIS fires mortal shell into Turkey in retaliation for Turkish airstrikes (Reuters)
- One killed, 29 wounded as 2 bombs hit southern Thailand (AP)
- At least 6 dead, extensive damage in 6.2 magnitude earthquake in central Italy (Reuters)
- Report: Turkey, U.S.-led coalition launch anti-ISIS operation in northern Syria (Reuters)
- Magnitude 6.1 earthquake hits just north of Rome (AP)
- North Korea test-fires submarine-launched ballistic missile (Reuters)
- Turkish FM says Turkey, Israel to appoint ambassadors in coming days (Reuters)
- Roadside bomb kills U.S. soldier in Afghanistan, coalition says (AP)
- Tehran renames street near Saudi Embassy for cleric executed by the kingdom (AP)
- Israel confiscates 54 weapons in West Bank raids (Haaretz)
- Top Israeli diplomat visits African Muslim nation despite absense of diplomatic ties (Haaretz)
- Iran parliament pushes back on military for Russian base use (AP)
None of the apparent candidates stand out as an obvious frontrunner. Each of these 14 men and one woman faces serious obstacles on their way to the top of the greasy pole.
For Netanyahu and Lieberman, the only Israeli voters who matter at all, are the pro-Kahane, pro-incitement online thugs of the farthest right.
Deputy State Department spokesperson Mark Toner says the U.S. opposes any expansion of settlement activity and considers this step to erode peace efforts.
Moshe Sebbag says ban is 'not about women's liberty to dress modestly, but a statement as to who will rule here tomorrow.'
Ahmed Halawa was suspected of planning the shooting of two Palestinian officers. Week of violence casts doubts on Palestinian Authority's control of area.
Israeli soccer fans uplifted by strong finish, but still leave disappointed as Be'er Sheva trails 4-5 on aggregate.
Outside the event, a couple dozen pro-Palestinians protesters activists protested Clinton and Saban, warning attendees of their 'staunch opposition to Palestinian human rights.'