Trump sworn in as the 45th president of the United States, vows to eradicate Islamist terrorism; anti-Trump protesters clash with D.C. police; Rabbi Marvin Hier among clerics leading prayer at ceremony; Netanyahu congratulates 'friend' Trump on Inauguration Day.
- White House says Trump to develop missile defense system against Iran, North Korea (Reuters)
- Report: Protesters, police clash blocks from inaugural parade route, 95 arrested (Haaretz)
- Trump sworn in as the 45th president of the United States (Haaretz)
- Protesters clash with police in Washington D.C. ahead of Trump's Inauguration (Haaretz)
- Trumps greets Obamas at White House ahead of swearing in (Haaretz)
- Russia, Syria sign agreement on expanding, modernizing naval base at Tartus (Reuters)
- Denmark says deploying special forces to Syria against ISIS (Reuters)
- Five Turkish soldiers killed in ISIS attack in Syria's al-Bab, army says (Reuters)
- Russia says hopes Trump sends Mideast expert to Astana talks on Syria (Reuters)
- Six people found alive under avalanche that hit Italian hotel (Reuters)
- Trump bigger uncertainty for EU than Brexit, says U.K. finance minister (Reuters)
- Syria: ISIS destroys part of Roman amphitheater in Palmyra (AP)
- Taiwan president says aspires to create 'new era' of peace with China (Reuters)
- Russian FM: Kremlin ready to move to constructive dialogue with U.S. (Reuters)
- President Rivlin returns to residency after a day in hospital to have pacemaker installed (Haaretz)
American Jews are likely to be unsettled by the slogan he chose to declare not once, but twice in his speech.
The rabbi said he had accepted the invitation to attend the inauguration in part because refusing it would cause 'ill will' toward Jews among the American public.
The extremists tear down facade of second-century theater and monument after recapturing the town from government troops.
Black Friday is never about unity. It's about the power of misdirection, brute force, and selfishness. So was Trump's inaugural speech. It left many blanks for his voters to fill in. Here are the blanks, spelled out.
'Bright Lights,' an HBO documentary about Reynolds and Fisher's complex mother-daughter relationship, exposes the pain underneath the glamour of show business.