America isn't Nazi Germany and Trump isn't the Führer. But today it is easier to grasp how millions of people accepted the outrageous lies and dangerous delusions offered by the tyrant.
- U.S. says coalition laying groundwork for operation to retake Syria's Raqqa from ISIS (AP)
- Russian army accuses U.S.-led coalition of striking civilians in Mosul (AP)
- Russia says will extend temporary suspension of airstrikes on Syria's Aleppo (Reuters)
- Turkish police tortured detainees after failed coup, human rights group says (AP)
- Israeli wounded by gunfire near Egypt border (Haaretz)
- ISIS could use rudimentary chemical weapons in Mosul offensive, U.S. official says (Reuters)
- Greek, Turkish Cypriots to discuss territory trade offs in November (Reuters)
- UN gets reports of massacres by Islamic State around Mosul (Reuters)
- NATO has launched anti-Islamic State surveillance flights (DPA)
- At least 3,740 refugees and migrants have perished in the Mediterranean so far this year (Reuters)
- Turkish FM: We'll use all rights in Iraq if needed, including ground operation (Haaretz)
- Islamic State claims Pakistan police academy attack (DPA)
- Russian Defense Ministry: Russian, Syrian air forces haven’t flown over Aleppo in 7 days (Reuters)
- Twelve killed in suspected al-Shabaab attack in northeast Kenya (Reuters)
- Philippines Duterte tells U.S. to forget about defense deal 'if I stay longer' (Reuters)
Netanyahu's deepest fear: Any challenge to the integrity and permanence of the settlement enterprise and its shield, the occupation.
Human experimentation by Nazi Germany would ultimately change the history of ethics and medical research.
Obama 'has the opportunity not to be remembered as the U.S. president who allowed the two-state solution to disappear,' Saeb Erekat writes in Washington Post op-ed.
Labour's Chakrabarti knew her name was on list for peerage before agreeing to head probe, party and House of Lords sources tell Telegraph, amid claims that probe that mostly cleared party of anti-Semitism was rigged.
'The concern is that the carrier group can be used as a platform for increased air strikes against civilians in Aleppo,' Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg says.
Spiderman, stand down: The tiny but lavishly endowed arthropod also has silk-secreting hairs and squirts something from nozzles on each body segment.
Rejecting ADL study that shows Trump supporters behind most of online abuse of Jewish journalists, David Friedman says danger to Jews in U.S. is on the left, not on the right.