Commercial centers, some of which remain vacant, broaden Israeli presence in the West Bank, including in areas unauthorized for housing construction and outside the settlement blocs.
- Famine declared in parts of South Sudan by UN, local government (AP)
- U.S. service member dies in non-combat related incident in Iraq (Reuters)
- Two rockets fired from Sinai hit southern Israel (Haaretz)
- Iran launches 'advanced' rockets during military exercises, local news reports (AP)
- Report: Washington preparing to bring North Korean officials to U.S. for talks (Reuters)
- Telephone owned by Adolf Hitler sells for $243,000 (AP)
- ISIS says Israel killed four of its members in Sinai strike (Haaretz)
- Lebanon: Israeli navy vessel crossed into Lebanese waters (Haaretz)
- 5 arrested in Kiev clash between nationalists, police (AP)
- 3 Palestinians in Gaza sentenced to death for collaboration with Israel (Haaretz)
- France's Le Pen arrives for Lebanon visit (AP)
- Explosion near Bogota bullring injures at least 31 people (Reuters)
- Shin Bet: Two 17-year-old Palestinians arrested a month ago suspected in shooting attacks (Haaretz)
- Death toll in Mogadishu suicide bombing rises to 39 (Reuters)
- SpaceX launches rocket from NASA's historic moon pad (AP)
Netanyahu said Trump's request that Israel rein in West Bank construction complicates the development of a new settlement.
On everything from the settlements to the two-state solution, the views David Friedman laid out at his Senate confirmation hearing contradicted the positions he expressed in his columns.
The vice president was accompanied by Abba Naor, a survivor of Dachau, and other dignitaries, as he passed through the wrought iron gate bearing the inscription, 'Arbeit macht frei.'
Members killed by drone were planning a rocket attack at Israel, ISIS-aligned news agency reports.
Even though it's set in the '60s, 'Hidden Figures' represents the Black experience in present-day America.