The Kurdish takeover in Manbij and their stated intention to further encroach on ISIS territory raised the stakes for Ankara, which understood that if it doesn't act now it may find a new Kurdish entity on its border.
- Turkey: Operation in Syria will continue until Kurdish YPG withdraws over Euphrates (Reuters)
- Turkish PM: Syria operation will continue until Kurdish fighters move east of Euphrates (Reuters)
- Former PM Ehud Olmert submits appeal for early release, hearing scheduled for Dec. 25 (Haaretz)
- Biden: Turkey coup plotters were terrorists, U.S. in awe of Erdogan's response (Reuters)
- Death toll in Italy earthquake rises to at least 120 people (Reuters)
- Gunmen attack American University in Kabul, Afghan interior ministry official confirms (Reuters)
- Russia deeply worried by Turkish military operation in Syria, says foreign ministry (Reuters)
- Gunfire reported at American University in Kabul, Afghanistan (Reuters)
- Death toll in Italy earthquake rises to 73 (Reuters)
- At least three reported dead in Myanmar earthquake (Reuters)
- U.S. vice president Biden: Administration offers 'unwavering support' to Turkey after coup (Reuters)
- Turkey fires over 2,800 judges, prosecutors in continued purge over failed coup (Reuters)
- Magnitude 6.8 earthquake strikes Myanmar, no casualties reported (Reuters)
- Israeli soldier wounded in West Bank stabbing while pursuing stone-thrower (Haaretz)
- Attacker killed after stabbing guard at Coptic church in Egypt (AP)
It's hard to tell what's more offensive about Netanyahu and Bennett's new initiative to 'strengthen' Jewish identity abroad: the idea itself or its ham-handed, arrogant and ultimately counterproductive execution.
The grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the expellers point their rifles at the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the expelled.
Tanda the rhino brings new inhabitant to safari park zoo.
Jewish organizations set up blood donation center, express willingness to mobilize 'in a concrete and immediate way to confront the current state of emergency' following deadly quake.
Russia seemingly caught off guard by swift Turkish military action despite mutual promises to begin closer cooperation in fight against ISIS.
Israeli soccer fans uplifted by strong finish, but still leave disappointed as Be'er Sheva trails 4-5 on aggregate.
Israelis, Palestinians prepare for next POTUS | Bibi, Putin talk peace | Sen. Tim Scott & Cory Booker visit Ethiopian youth in Israel