Air-defense missiles stationed 50 kilometers from Turkey border following downing of Russian jet earlier this week.
- Two Turkish journalists jailed over Syria smuggling reports (AP)
- Pedestrian killed by passing car in Emek Hefer accident (Haaretz)
- Hurricane Sandra weakens to a Category 3 storm as it nears Mexico (Reuters)
- Russia ready to cooperate with U.S.-led coalition against ISIS, says Putin (Reuters)
- Putin says ready to support other groups in Syria that are fighting against ISIS (Reuters)
- Putin says Syrian people should decide future of Assad (Reuters)
- Hollande: It's clear Assad has no place in future of Syria (Reuters)
- Putin: We'll insist on full implementation of Ukraine peace deal (Reuters)
- Gunmen attack during prayers at Bangladeshi Shi'ite mosque, one dead (Reuters)
- UN: $28 billion of Afghan opium reach Europe each year (DPA)
- Canada gives UN agency C$100 million to help address Syria refugee crisis (Reuters)
- Report: Russian S-400 air-defense missile system operational in Syria (Haaretz)
- Belgian PM: Threat remains serious, but not as imminent as previously feared (Reuters)
- Report: Two detained in Mali on suspicion of involvement in attack on hotel in capital (Haaretz)
- Russia threatens economic retaliation against Turkey over downed jet (Reuters)
Before the current wave of violence began, the IDF called to significantly ease restrictions on the West Bank, but the government sees things differently.
In the current situation, the risk in preserving the status quo is far greater than the risk in trying to change it.
On the eve of the Paris climate conference, Israeli researchers say the country has relative advantages in the industry it should continue to foster.
Assailant shouts 'Jews should go back to Auschwitz. Hitler was right,' at a 19-year-old man studying at the Boca Raton Chabad center.
French president's announcement comes during talks with Russia's Putin in Moscow, amid his diplomatic push to create a common front against ISIS.
Part 3 | Should we be worried that the Israeli army seems to be becoming a religious person’s institution?