Army says soldiers were fired at when they arrived at the scene of a rock-throwing incident near Jenin.
- Initial report: Attempted stabbing attack at checkpoint near J'lem, assailant shot (Haaretz)
- Netanyahu: U.S. Vice President Joe Biden may visit Israel in coming weeks (Haaretz)
- U.S. President Obama and Russian counterpart Putin discuss Syria on the phone (Reuters)
- Two Palestinians killed by IDF in a fire exchange in the West Bank (Haaretz)
- Israeli forces, Palestinians clash near West Bank village of Araka (Haaretz)
- A phone-operated explosive devise discovered near Nablus, sappers working to neutralize it (Haaretz)
- Two fighters killed in Turkish shelling of Kurdish posts in northern Syria, says monitor (Reuters)
- Four people wounded in a blast at an apartment in Kfar Sava in central Israel overnight (Haaretz)
- UN: At least 3,545 civilians killed by fighting in Afghanistan in 2015 (Reuters)
- Ukraine announces it will open criminal probe into Israeli MK's visit to Crimea (Haaretz)
- Seoul: Pyongyang used money from joint factories for weapons (AP)
- Trump: Iran deal is a disgrace and embarrassment to this country (Haaretz)
- Magnitude-5.8 earthquake shakes New Zealand's Christchurch (AP)
- CNN: Obama intends to nominate successor for Scalia on Supreme Court (Reuters)
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Scalia reportedly dies at 79 (Reuters)
The Prime Minister's Residence is a place in which fear and dread are imposed by means of violence, force and threats. This has now been established by court.
Two researchers from the Weizmann Institute show: Each of us has a different 'microbiome' that makes us respond to foods differently. Get ready for a new medical revolution.
The bill is designed to bypass a landmark High Court ruling requiring public ritual baths be open to those undergoing non-Orthodox conversion.
Poland has long sought to eliminate the misleading phrase from historical and newspaper accounts since it suggests that the country, and not the Nazis, was responsible for the camps.
The two presidents gave 'positive valuation' to last week's international talks on the Syrian civil war, the Kremlin says.
'The Big Short' feels as though it is portraying an alternative yet dominant reality – perhaps the only reality that controls our lives and our fates.