With a lenient sentence for shooting a wounded Palestinian attacker, the IDF seeks a quick end to the affair. But that would require the help of politicians, Azaria's family and his lawyers.
- CIA-backed aid for Syrian rebels frozen after Islamist attack (Reuters)
- France arrests three on suspicion of wanting to fight in Syria, planning attack (Reuters)
- Defense Minister Lieberman: All sides must respect Azaria verdict (Haaretz)
- Miri Regev says IDF chief of staff should pardon Azaria (Haaretz)
- Bennett: Azaria can't sit in prison, security of Israel demands he be pardoned (Haaretz)
- Hebron shooter Azaria sentenced to 1.5 years for shooting wounded Palestinian terrorist (Haaretz)
- 'Hebron shooter' Elor Azaria arrives at military court for sentencing (Haaretz)
- Turkey: Trump administration more understanding on issue of Cleric Gulen's extradition (Reuters)
- Iran's leader calls Israel a 'fake' nation, 'dirty chapter' in history (AP)
- Le Pen says canceled meeting with Lebanon's grand mufti after refusing to wear headscarf (Reuters)
- Explosion reported in northwestern Pakistani town of Charsadda, casualties unclear (Reuters)
- More than 100 headstones reportedly vandalized at St. Louis Jewish cemetery (Haaretz)
- White House responds to JCC bomb scares: 'These actions are unacceptable' (JTA)
- Magnitude 4.7 earthquake shakes Panama's capital, no immediate reports of injuries (AP)
- Bill restricting fundraising by political nonprofits passes first Knesset reading (Haaretz)
According to the indictment, Itamar Shimoni received letters from two women who claimed he had committed sexual offenses against them and demanding compensation.
There were no indications yet if anyone was injured or killed.
Archaeologists say that the discovery bolsters the theory that Peki'in's medieval synagogue was built on the site of an ancient Roman one.
Rebel officials said that no official explanation had been given for the move this month following the jihadist assault.
Besides the musical experience it offers, Berlioz’s ‘Symphonie Fantastique’ is also a type of soap opera. A new recording adds an intriguing interpretation to the work’s many performances.