Apple fixes iOS security flaw after Citizen Lab claims attack targeting UEA rights activist, Mexican journalist linked to software developed by NSO Group, an Israeli company that makes spyware for governments.
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 267, nearly 400 wounded (Reuters)
- At least one police officer killed, 25 people wounded in southeast Turkey blast (Reuters)
- Many dead and wounded reported in an explosion at police HQ in southern Turkey (Reuters)
- Some 8,000 Russian troops begin exercises in southern border near Georgia (Reuters)
- Striking miners kidnapp, kill deputy minister in Bolivia, officials say (AP)
- Israeli firm NSO Group linked to iPhone hack against Arab dissidents, researchers say
- Bizu, Yaron Sivan and Tom Yaar's blind cat, passed away, still blind. He will be missed
- Kerry visiting Saudi Arabia, raises concerns about civilian casualties in Yemen (AP)
- Russia backs 48-hour Aleppo truce, U.N. wants other sides to commit (Reuters)
- State to pay Hagai Felician $585,000 for false imprisonment in gay center shooting case (Haaretz)
- Hundreds demonstrating in Upper Galilee, demand state funding (Haaretz)
- Norwegian man held on suspicion of joining ISIS group in Syria (AP)
- Kidnapped Egyptian policeman shot dead in Sinai (AP)
- Kerry in Saudi Arabia for talks on Yemen, Syria conflicts (AP)
- Russia agrees to 48-hour truce in Aleppo; UN waits for response from other parties (Reuters)
Washington stands by Turkey while expecting the Kurds to help fight tough battles against Islamist militants in Syria.
You can’t argue that the Palestinians aren’t an integral part of greater Israel; occupied and dispossessed, but integral.
The prime minister’s comments suggest he might know what Ehud Barak meant when he cited Bibi’s ‘most worrisome exposure of Israel to a major security challenge.’
Stephen Dubner barely knew what a Jew was, and isn't an economist but became famous for his religious rebirth and his analysis.
Ten of the dead in the attack by suspected government helicopters were children, including an infant and a toddler. Russia has agreed to the ceasefire but other parties have not yet signed on to the deal.
45 players set to travel to Italy accompanied by 18 coaches, trainers and officials — thought to be largest contingent to venture abroad in one sport
Retorting to speech, Trump says Clinton had let black Americans down and was falsely labeling Republicans as bigoted.