U.S. Federal Election Commission to Haaretz: Foreign nationals may not make contributions or donations in connection with any election – federal, state or local – either directly or through any other person.
- Trump Hollywood star smasher arrested (DPA)
- Putin says Russia has no option but to clear Aleppo of militants (Reuters)
- Libya's navy says 90 migrants perished after boat fell apart (AP)
- Russia's Putin dismisses idea that Moscow is trying to influence U.S. elections (Reuters)
- France says Syria or Russia responsible for strike on school in Syria's Idlib (Reuters)
- East Jerusalem resident arrest for allegedly planning a terrorist attack (Haaretz)
- Israeli cabinet secretly approves Palestinian construction in West Bank 'Area C' (Haaretz)
- UN training Iraqi medics for eventuality of chemical attacks in Mosul (AP)
- Turkey says asked U.S. not to allow Kurdish militia into Syria's Raqqa (Reuters)
- Israeli opposition slams bill to grant state new powers as harmful to democracy (Haaretz)
- Russia to destroy all of its chemical weapons by end of 2017 (AP)
- 18 wounded as bus crashes into truck in Tel Aviv (Haaretz)
- Russia: Warships sent to Mediterranean will not take part in Aleppo military operations (Reuters)
- Russia: NATO has no reason to worry about battle group sent to the Mediterranean (Reuters)
- Turkey orders dozens of pilots detained in coup investigation (Reuters)
The U.S.-led campaign to retake Mosul will be one of the largest urban warfare operations in recent history. ISIS, meanwhile, is reportedly beginning wholesale executions ■ Part 2
U.S. Jewish communal professionals says intermarriage is a problem demanding multi-million dollar intervention. But Jews like me don't buy it.
Israel Defense Force’s bombardment and sinking of a weapons supply ship of the pre-state underground militia Etzel was one of the most dramatic and heartrending in Israel’s history and to this day splits the right and left.
Alon Leichman, 27, was recently coaching pitchers for the Israeli national team during World Baseball Classic qualifying round.
Strikes carried out by Syrian or Russian warplanes on village in rebel-held Idlib province, rescue workers and monitoring group say.
Dr. Moshe Spitzer helped preserve a Jewish publisher's body of work from the Nazis in 1939 before leaving Germany for Palestine, where he designed iconic Hebrew fonts as well as beautiful books. To his friends and admirers he was an authority on good taste, but his children remembering as cold and distant.
It’s not possible to turn Trump’s toxic verbal spigot off. But it is possible, and necessary for American democracy, to deliver him a devastating rebuke on November 8th.