Rift opening within French government: Valls says burkini symbolizes 'enslavement of women,' but Education Minister Vallaud-Belkacem argues beachwear has nothing to do with ISIS.
- Kidnapped Egyptian policeman shot dead in Sinai (AP)
- Kerry in Saudi Arabia for talks on Yemen, Syria conflicts (AP)
- Russia agrees to 48-hour truce in Aleppo; UN waits for response from other parties (Reuters)
- Germany mulls alternatives to Turkey's Incirlik base for its planes (Reuters)
- Swiss cantons propose local hiring preferences to curb EU immigration (Reuters)
- Turkish opposition leader's convoy caught in clash in northeast; Kilicdaroglu unharmed (Reuters)
- Chinese military says it has been providing medical training to Syria (Reuters)
- South Africa's Desmond Tutu admits himself to hospital due to infection (AP)
- Turkish forces secure area around town of Jarablus, Syria (AP)
- UN: Saudi-led coalition responsible for most civilians killed in Yemen (Reuters)
- France calls for UN Security Council action over Syrian use of chemical weapons (Reuters)
- Turkish defense minister: Though unsolicited, U.S. air support for operation is useful (Reuters)
- Shots fired from Gaza at IDF soldiers who stopped Palestinian boat out of permitted area (Haaretz)
- Senior Turkish official: Over 20 tanks in Syria, more to be sent as needed (Reuters)
- Attack on American University in Kabul results in 12 deaths, scores wounded (AP)
Proponents of religious-messianic nationalism, key partners in the Israeli government, are making a dangerous mistake by trying to base Israel’s claim to all of Mandatory Palestine on a divine promise made in the Bible.
There are numerous organizations doing this sacred work, not 'under the radar,' as has been suggested, but as proud Jews and/or Israelis.
Textbook portrayed the rise of Yair Lapid’s Yesh Atid as a product of the moment; no amendments have been made following complaints by LGBT community and Israeli Arabs.
Hudson Institute to award Netanyahu | Aaron Miller looks to post-Obama era | Why does Bibi rejoice as Obama administration nears an end | Lapid stings Bibi on the diplomatic front
No immediate claims of responsibility for the attack in Kabul. Some 700 students had been rescued, Kabul police chief says.
Israel Electric Corp worker found unexpected correlations between swarms of nomadica jellyfish, the temperature of the sea - and the phase of the moon.
Many rank-and-file black voters dismiss Trump's overtures of late as another racially charged pitch from a campaign aimed exclusively at whites.