On everything from the settlements to the two-state solution, the views David Friedman laid out at his Senate confirmation hearing contradicted the positions he expressed in his columns.
- Turkish army says 34 Kurdish militants killed in air strikes in Iraq (Reuters)
- Iraqi troops push into ISIS-held southern outskirts of Mosul (AP)
- Turkey detains over 1,500 in latest operations over alleged militant links (Reuters)
- VP Mike Pence: EU, U.S. share common values, will search for new common ground with Russia (Reuters)
- Famine declared in parts of South Sudan by UN, local government (AP)
- U.S. service member dies in non-combat related incident in Iraq (Reuters)
- Two rockets fired from Sinai hit southern Israel (Haaretz)
- Iran launches 'advanced' rockets during military exercises, local news reports (AP)
- Report: Washington preparing to bring North Korean officials to U.S. for talks (Reuters)
- Telephone owned by Adolf Hitler sells for $243,000 (AP)
- ISIS says Israel killed four of its members in Sinai strike (Haaretz)
- Lebanon: Israeli navy vessel crossed into Lebanese waters (Haaretz)
- 5 arrested in Kiev clash between nationalists, police (AP)
- 3 Palestinians in Gaza sentenced to death for collaboration with Israel (Haaretz)
- France's Le Pen arrives for Lebanon visit (AP)
A feminist Haredi advertising exec's take on the woman-free Ikea catalog.
Netanyahu said Trump's request that Israel rein in West Bank construction complicates the development of a new settlement.
The assault on the ambassador-designate enables his critics to avoid the new reality.
The vice president was accompanied by Abba Naor, a survivor of Dachau, and other dignitaries, as he passed through the wrought iron gate bearing the inscription, 'Arbeit macht frei.'
A Revolutionary Guard official says the tests show the Islamic republic is 'ready to give a crushing respond to any threat.'
Even though it's set in the '60s, 'Hidden Figures' represents the Black experience in present-day America.