German members of pro-Israel EU group warn of blow to bilateral ties as a result of any 'impediment for the freedom of expression in Israel.'
- North Korea launches long-range rocket, testing banned missile technology, says south (AP)
- Mob torches refugee center in Prague, hours after anti-Muslim rally (AP)
- Palestinian sources: Israel holding secret talks on arrest conditions of hunger-striker (Haaretz)
- Mother of embattled Syrian President Assad dies aged 86 (Haaretz)
- Israeli army lifts closure on West Bank town of Qabatiyah after three days (Haaretz)
- More than 3,100 pregnant women in Colombia have Zika virus, government says (Reuters)
- Iraqi PM rejects plans for constructing wall around Baghdad to defend against ISIS (Reuters)
- Israeli radio broadcaster Anat Dolev dies at 52 (Haaretz)
- Woman reportedly arrested in Gaza for 'spying for Israel' (Haaretz)
- Hamas says nabbed female Palestinian collaborator with Israel in Gaza (Haaretz)
- IDF, U.S. army to hold joint military exercise simulating missile attack on Israel (Haaretz)
- Israeli woman, 65, stabbed in Bedouin town of Rahat (Haaretz)
- EU urges Turkey to keep border open to Syrian refugees (AP)
- Syria FM: Foreign troops entering Syria would return 'in coffins' (AP)
- 8 killed in suicide attack that targeted security forces in southwestern Pakistan (AP)
Russian pressure and a general unwillingness to act directly against the Assad regime have brought the West to forsake all its red lines on the war-torn country.
The entry of a new member and the comeback of a veteran one are expected to shift alliances in the unruly Labor Party.
Economy Minstry calls situation ‘far from ideal’ and admits that many workers are operating ‘in an unsafe manner.’
Speakers at commemoration express support of pro-Nazi Hungarian leader.
Syria crisis: Iranian general killed near Aleppo laid to rest in mass funeral; EU urges Turkey to keep border open as tens of thousands of Syrians flee Aleppo.
Who needs the little gold statue? Nominees in the main categories will receive an extravagant gift basket valued at $200,000.