A recent Israeli government announcement that secret efforts to gain restitition for Mizrahi Jews are close to bearing fruit has raised hope, though others remain skeptical: ‘You can’t ask a beggar to return your money.’
- At least 16 killed in hot air balloon crash in Texas (AP)
- Over 100 high school dormitories burned in Kenya in wave of arson attacks (AP)
- Palestine Cup final postponed by two days after some Gaza players barred from West Bank (Haaretz)
- Turkish authorities free over 800 soldiers in probe into failed coup (AP)
- 43 killed in fighting between Turkish forces and Kurdish rebels in southeast Turkey (AP)
- At least 52 killed in monsoon floods in India, authorities say (AP)
- Teen released, 2 in custody following French church attack (AP)
- Turkey kills 35 Kurdish militants after they try to storm base, officials says (Reuters)
- Belgium arrests two men suspected of planning attack (Reuters)
- CIA chief Brennan: I don't know whether or not Syria can be put back together again (Reuters)
- Report: Clinton campaign also hacked in attacks on Democrats (Reuters)
- Five soldiers killed, 8 others wounded in attack by Kurdish militants in southeast Turkey (Reuters)
- Israel to U.S.: Criticism of settlement construction baseless (Haaretz)
- Red Cross predicts up to 1 million to flee Iraqi offensive to retake Mosul from ISIS (Reuters)
- Democratic congressional group confirms cybersecurity incident similar to DNC hack (Reuters)
Presidential candidate Jill Stein, the woman now heading the Bernie Sanders revolution, condemns damage being done by ‘war hawk’ Sheldon Adelson and says U.S. military aid to Israel should be contingent upon peace talks.
The formation of a coalition government led to the appointment of a minister of culture who began to aggressively attack artists and intellectuals in all their institutions, in order to impose a worldview that can only be described as fascistic. Yes, it happened this year – in Croatia.
The Palestinian Football Association requests aid of international organizations after six players were barred from entering Israel on Wednesday.
Rabbi Michael Schudrich, a native of N.Y.C whose grandparents all immigrated from Poland, played a key role in orchestrating Pope Francis' encounter at Auschwitz.
The land giveaway is the latest sign that Hamas is struggling financially after almost a decade of uncontested power in the coastal strip.
‘Mr. Robot’ is a bleak yet wickedly engrossing cyber-thriller that’s wormed its way into the hearts of critics and viewers, thanks to its topicality and a haunting performance from Rami Malek.
When my daughter said she's tired of being poor, I scolded her and told her she doesn’t know what being poor really means. I didn't tell her that there are some obstacles no amount of hard work can overcome.