The headlines this week reeked of déjà vu, reminiscent of previous confrontations and intifadas, as conditions on the ground in Gaza are becoming more and more similar to those that preceded the 2014 war.
- Bahrain says ready to commit ground forces to Syria (Reuters)
- Magnitude 6.7 earthquake hits southern Taiwan (Reuters)
- CDC: Men who were in Zika areas should use condoms (AP)
- U.S. doctors upgrade Zika precautions; virus found in saliva, urine (Reuters)
- White House welcomes Saudi announcement on fighting ISIS (Reuters)
- Erdogan says Russia, together with Assad regime, responsible for death of 400k in Syria (Reuters)
- Hotel fire in Iraqi Kurdistan kills 17, governor tells local TV (Reuters)
- Turkish PM says 15,000 fleeing Syria's Aleppo arrive at Turkish border (Reuters)
- One reportedly killed after massive crane collapse in lower Manhattan (Reuters)
- Palestinian reportedly killed by Israeli forces in clashes near Hebron (Haaretz)
- Iranian Revolutionary Guards general reportedly killed in Syria fighting (Reuters)
- Japan's Sakurajima volcano erupts not far from nuclear plant (Reuters)
- More than 100 people unaccounted for after South Africa mine collapse (Reuters)
- NATO chief: Russian airstrikes undermining Syria peace talks (Reuters)
- Russia says West rejected proposal for Syria coordination center (Reuters)
Hillary Clinton is seen as “better” for Israel because she never challenges it. But Israel desperately needs to be challenged.
The gambling industry has become one of the great growth drivers for Israeli high-tech, with dozens of companies encouraging foreigners to part with their money online.
It follows their Facebook pages, uses fake profiles to 'befriend' them and presents screenshots of posts in court – this is how Israel Police is adding social activists to its virtual surveillance list. 'They know what I write and do,' Ethiopian protest leader says.
Defendant, whose name has not been released and worked at the death camp between Nov. 1, 1942, and June 25, 1943, is being charged as an accessory to murder.
Turkish president accuses Russia of invading Syria to set up a 'boutique state' for longtime ally Bashar Assad.
PART 3: How are we to regard the protester at the LGBTQ conference who opposed letting pro-Israel voices be heard?