Haaretz has learned that a number of houses in settlement of Kedumim, including Bezalel Smotrich’s, were built illegally, outside declared state lands and in breach of settlement’s master plan.
- Israeli lightly wounded in alleged attack near Hebron, assailant shot (Haaretz)
- Elor Azaria appeals his conviction for killing supine Palestinian assailant (Haaretz)
- Wife of French presidential candidate Fillon held for questioning, Mediapart reports (Reuters)
- Trump to remove Iraq from new travel ban list, according to officials (AP)
- Iraqi army controls main roads out of Mosul, trapping ISIS (Reuters)
- Eilat airport shut down due to rain (Haaretz)
- Suspects charged with murder in airport nerve agent attack (AP)
- Trump: JCC threats, cemeteries vandalism reminds we stand united in condemning evil (Haaretz)
- S. Korea, U.S. begin large-scale annual drills amid N. Korea tension (Reuters)
- Trump may be open to immigration deal that includes path to legal status for illegal residents (AP)
- Trump intelligence nominee supports probes on Russian interference (Reuters)
- Egypt arrests nine Brotherhood leaders accused of revolt plot (AP)
- Trump signs executive order paving way to eliminate Obama-era water rule (Reuters)
- Macron to beat Le Pen in French presidential runoff, poll predicts (Reuters)
- Russia, China block bid to impose UN sanctions on Syria over chemical weapons charges (Reuters)
Petah Tikva had cut water, power to 12 illegally subdivided apartments in battle against landlords and refugees.
To allow hundreds of elderly Turkish Jews to apply as well, applicants for Spain's law of return will not have to take language and heritage test.
New travel ban order would also remove indefinite ban on Syrian refugees, instead include them in 120-day suspension of new Syrian refugee admissions.
The Romans exploited an even more ancient mine but built elaborate ventilated underground galleries, going deeper than had been thought possible at the time.