This week the threat posed by Hamas' Gaza tunnels was a focus of debate among politicians and army brass, as well as bereaved parents still pained by the government's handling of the 2014 war.
- Teen released, 2 in custody following French church attack (AP)
- Turkey kills 35 Kurdish militants after they try to storm base, officials says (Reuters)
- Belgium arrests two men suspected of planning attack (Reuters)
- CIA chief Brennan: I don't know whether or not Syria can be put back together again (Reuters)
- Report: Clinton campaign also hacked in attacks on Democrats (Reuters)
- Five soldiers killed, 8 others wounded in attack by Kurdish militants in southeast Turkey (Reuters)
- Israel to U.S.: Criticism of settlement construction baseless (Haaretz)
- Red Cross predicts up to 1 million to flee Iraqi offensive to retake Mosul from ISIS (Reuters)
- Democratic congressional group confirms cybersecurity incident similar to DNC hack (Reuters)
- San Diego police say officer fatally shot, another wounded (Reuters)
- Monitor: ISIS executed at least 24 civilians after it seized a village in northern Syria (Haaretz)
- Migration group: Over 3,000 died trying Med crossing in 2016 (AP)
- Syrian activists: U.S.-led coalition strikes kill 28 civilians (AP)
- Prosecutors charge Rabbi Berland with indecent assault, indecent acts against a minor (Haaretz)
- ICRC: Up to 1 million could flee fighting in Iraq (Reuters)
Presidential candidate Jill Stein, the woman now heading the Bernie Sanders revolution, condemns damage being done by ‘war hawk’ Sheldon Adelson and says U.S. military aid to Israel should be contingent upon peace talks.
More than a decade ago the Israeli left began to lose its political clout and its hold in the army. What's left are bizarre artistic efforts to defy the consensus.
According to the Fars news agency, Israel fired two missiles at the commander's convoy.
Aliyah from France and Ukraine are down while migration from Russia and Turky has increased in the first half of 2016, but overall aliyah has dropped by 10 percent.
The overnight attack came hours after clashes in Hakkari's Cukurca district between soldiers and militants from the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) that left eight soldiers dead, the officials said.
The interrelations between the characters may be superficial and there’s a wearisome didactic element, but this new film contains some powerful scenes and recounts a little-known episode from the American Civil War
Trump has sought to tamp down the anti-Clinton 'lock her up' chants at rallies by stressing that his main goal is to simply beat her in the election; but as the crowd chanted the slogan in Colorado Springs, he finally relented.