Clinton's acceptance speech presented an inspiring, experienced and disciplined presidential candidate, the complete opposite of the confrontational, shoot-from-the-hip arrogance that characterizes her Republican opponent. And in the process, she drove Trump mad.
- Red Cross predicts up to 1 million to flee Iraqi offensive to retake Mosul from ISIS (Reuters)
- Democratic congressional group confirms cybersecurity incident similar to DNC hack (Reuters)
- San Diego police say officer fatally shot, another wounded (Reuters)
- Monitor: ISIS executed at least 24 civilians after it seized a village in northern Syria (Haaretz)
- Migration group: Over 3,000 died trying Med crossing in 2016 (AP)
- Syrian activists: U.S.-led coalition strikes kill 28 civilians (AP)
- Prosecutors charge Rabbi Berland with indecent assault, indecent acts against a minor (Haaretz)
- ICRC: Up to 1 million could flee fighting in Iraq (Reuters)
- Pope Francis arrives at Auschwitz death camp (AP)
- Islamic Jihad showcases new rockets and anti-aircraft missiles in Gaza (Haaretz)
- Turkish military promotes 99 colonels in shake-up, top brass little changed (Reuters)
- Hillary Clinton officially accepts Democratic nomination for president (Haaretz)
- Clinton speech excerpt compares her 'steady leadership' to Trump's offering (AP)
- Clinton campaign previews her acceptance speech (AP)
- Israeli ambassador to U.S. lauds Clinton’s hand in 2012 Gaza cease-fire (JTA)
Any treaty on the handling of terrorists would not be of greater value than the IDF's code of conduct, which has resolved the killing of 546 children in advance.
The works integrate the clean minimalism that characterizes contemporary art with the complexity that informs Persian typography.
Arrivals / Departures: A British-Israeli 'kippah-wearing leftist' on his way to Crete talks about how good Israelis have it; a Dutch man visiting his Israeli grandma talks about mind control.
Nutritional expert Dr. Gil Joseph Shachar offers advice on the foods that can improve your health and combat various problems
Nusra Front renames itself Jabhat Fatah al Sham so international community can no longer use pretext of its affiliation with Al-Qaida to attack Syrians, group's leader says.
Israel has taken home 7 Olympic medals since 1992, including one historic gold. What's in store for Rio 2016?
Trump vs. Bloomberg | Existential Crisis of Moderate Dems | Dermer: MOU could be concluded soon | How Frank Lowy met Larry Silverstein