After three months in which his spat with the European Union achieved nothing other than damaging Israel’s image, the prime minister recognizes it is time to put away 'national pride.'
- Egypt policeman's conviction overturned in protester's death (AP)
- Saudi troop deployment in Syria linked to U.S.-led coalition against ISIS, FM says (Reuters)
- Initial report: Attempted stabbing attack at checkpoint near J'lem, assailant shot (Haaretz)
- Netanyahu: U.S. Vice President Joe Biden may visit Israel in coming weeks (Haaretz)
- U.S. President Obama and Russian counterpart Putin discuss Syria on the phone (Reuters)
- Two Palestinians killed by IDF in a fire exchange in the West Bank (Haaretz)
- Israeli forces, Palestinians clash near West Bank village of Araka (Haaretz)
- A phone-operated explosive devise discovered near Nablus, sappers working to neutralize it (Haaretz)
- Two fighters killed in Turkish shelling of Kurdish posts in northern Syria, says monitor (Reuters)
- Four people wounded in a blast at an apartment in Kfar Sava in central Israel overnight (Haaretz)
- UN: At least 3,545 civilians killed by fighting in Afghanistan in 2015 (Reuters)
- Ukraine announces it will open criminal probe into Israeli MK's visit to Crimea (Haaretz)
- Seoul: Pyongyang used money from joint factories for weapons (AP)
- Trump: Iran deal is a disgrace and embarrassment to this country (Haaretz)
- Magnitude-5.8 earthquake shakes New Zealand's Christchurch (AP)
The Assad regime's attempt to choke of Aleppo has caused ISIS to shorten its lines and hand over territory to the regime's forces, which it regards as the lesser evil.
The Prime Minister's Residence is a place in which fear and dread are imposed by means of violence, force and threats. This has now been established by court.
No Israeli security personnel were wounded in the incident at the Masmuria checkpoint, near Har Homa.
Poland has long sought to eliminate the misleading phrase from historical and newspaper accounts since it suggests that the country, and not the Nazis, was responsible for the camps.
Ankara appears to be worried that Kurds could reach a border crossing between the two countries.
'The Big Short' feels as though it is portraying an alternative yet dominant reality – perhaps the only reality that controls our lives and our fates.