Archival material revealed by Haaretz shows how close Israel came to annexing territory it captured in the 1956 Sinai Campaign. Fearing world reaction, Ben-Gurion changed his mind at the last moment and ordered a pullout.
- Controversial anti-Semitism bill won't pass Congress in 2016 (Haaretz)
- Turkish court shuts case against 4 senior IDF officers relating to Gaza flotilla incident (Haaretz)
- Trump set to name Goldman Sachs president Gary Cohn to coordinate economic policy (Reuters
- Dutch police arrest terrorism suspect with loaded Kalashnikov in Rotterdam (Reuters)
- U.S. reportedly asked Israel to take in and try Guantanamo inmate (Haaretz)
- Dutch far-right leader Geert Wilders convicted of discrimination but not punished (Reuters)
- Turkey's purge unconstitutional, Council of Europe experts say (Reuters)
- Palestinian armed with knife and grenade detained near Gaza border (Haaretz)
- Russian Foreign Minister: U.S. dragging out talks on Aleppo accord (Reuters)
- Social Affairs and Social Services Ministry Director General Eliezer Yavlon dies at 65 (Haaretz)
- Hezbollah: We did not tell Russia we would not respond to Israel's attacks in Syria (Haaretz)
- Report: Four police killed, two injured in Cairo explosion (Reuters)
- Russia says over 8,000 civilians leave eastern Aleppo (AP)
- South Korea parliament votes to impeach President Park (Reuters)
- Turkey says 300 more troops deployed to Syrian border (AP)
Group of hikers witness tragedy near Nahal Tze'elim as rescuers evacuate boy in serious condition after fall.
After it premiered in 1924, the Jewish author of the novel the inspired 'The City Without Jews' was murdered by a Nazi. Now, the film will be digitally restored and aired with a new live score thanks to an unprecedented crowdfunding campaign.
Attack appears to have targeted two police SUVs parked at a mobile checkpoint on Pyramids road, the main avenue leading from the city center out to the Giza pyramids.
The nightmare experienced by the young French actor Maria Schneider on the set of 'Last Tango in Paris' was not a one-off. Many legendary filmmakers have allowed themselves to abuse their cast, especially female actors, supposedly in the name of art.