After four years of negotiations, government and guerrilla group present reform and disarmament plan that Colombian voters will be asked to ratify.
- Colombia to hold October 2 plebiscite on peace deal with FARC (AP)
- Obama congratulates Colombian leader on peace deal with FARC rebels (Reuters)
- Colombia, FARC announce historic peace deal to end five decades of bloodshed (AP)
- Costa Rica confirms first case of newborn with microcephaly linked to Zika (Reuters)
- Italy earthquake death toll at least 159 (Reuters)
- U.S. defense official: Iran vessels in 'high speed intercept' of U.S. ship (Reuters)
- Poll: Clinton would have 95% chance of winning if U.S. presidential election held today (Reuters)
- Five tourists rescued from Tze'elim stream in southern Israel (Haaretz)
- Turkey: Operation in Syria will continue until Kurdish YPG withdraws over Euphrates (Reuters)
- Turkish PM: Syria operation will continue until Kurdish fighters move east of Euphrates (Reuters)
- Former PM Ehud Olmert submits appeal for early release, hearing scheduled for Dec. 25 (Haaretz)
- Biden: Turkey coup plotters were terrorists, U.S. in awe of Erdogan's response (Reuters)
- Death toll in Italy earthquake rises to at least 120 people (Reuters)
- Gunmen attack American University in Kabul, Afghan interior ministry official confirms (Reuters)
- Russia deeply worried by Turkish military operation in Syria, says foreign ministry (Reuters)
The enforcement of this law is not just insensitive and immoral, it feeds the hate that drives some into the open arms of ISIS recruiters.
It's hard to tell what's more offensive about Netanyahu and Bennett's new initiative to 'strengthen' Jewish identity abroad: the idea itself or its ham-handed, arrogant and ultimately counterproductive execution.
Amana Yassin’s ex-husband is the primary suspect in her murder in Tamra.
Attorney Gilad Paz says that when two key ministers launched anti-BDS efforts, ‘I started to feel the ground burning under my feet.’
The results set the stage for a Security Council showdown between the five veto-wielding powers over whether sanctions should be imposed in the wake of the inquiry.
A new staging of Yehoshua Sobol's iconic play, 'The Night of the Twentieth,' highlights sex and settlement.
Reuters/Ipsos poll shows Clinton beating Trump in the popular vote and ahead in 19 states, including most of the larger ones.