The American intelligence's daily briefings to the presidents in the 1960s and '70s show how far the CIA was from predicting the developments in Israel — with one exception.
- Sources: Ultra-Orthodox party to demand PM to boot transport minister over Sabbath crisis (Haaretz)
- Turkish soldier killed, three wounded in rocket attack on tank near Jarablus, Syria (Reuters)
- Syrian Kurdish militia says Turkish vehicles cross border into Kobani area; Turkey denies (Reuters)
- Kurdish-backed rebels fight Turkish tanks in northern Syria, militias say (AP)
- Turkish warplanes strike ISIS, Kurdish militia targets in Syria, Turkish official say (Reuters)
- At least 15 killed in barrel bomb attack in Aleppo, Syrian activists say (AP)
- Four Turkish soldiers wounded after attack by Kurdish militants, Turkish news reports (AP)
- 20-year-old woman caught with knife in bag at Qalandiyah checkpoint near Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Turkish airstrikes target Syrian Democratic Forces allies, cause civilian casualties (Reuters)
- Italy earthquake death toll reaches 284 (AP)
- UN condemns four North Korean ballistic missile launches (AP)
- Kerry: 'Clarity' achieved with Russia on Syria truce steps (AP)
- Bomb squad sent to Birmingham, England, after arrest of terrorist suspects (Reuters)
- White House: Actions by Iranian vessels are cause for concern (Reuters)
- Two Palestinian reportedly hurt in clashes with Israel along Gaza border, local media says (Haaretz)
Unofficial estimates put the total number of Arab tourists at between 50,000-60,000 a year, with about a quarter buying property in the Balkan state. Businesses are delighted, but others are concerned of visitors' effect.
I’ve always had financial worries, but in the New World they've expanded beyond anything I've ever experienced
It is not clear why the IDF authorities were unaware of the woman’s condition, since she had been due to enlist years ago.
Former Breitbart head Stephen Bannon said Jews raise their kids to be 'whiny brats,' Mary Louise Piccard told court in 2007 after Bannon objected to sending daughters to prestigious L.A. school; Bannon denies making the remarks.
Local media names Kurdish PKK militia as responsible for attack near Syria, Iraq borders.
Roei Freilich has created a loud mishmash of disco and guitars; young singer Aveva’s debut single is groovy; and Joca Perpignan has made an appealing version of ‘My Little Sister.’
Republican mega donor had reportedly pledged to spend up to $100m on presidential race, but is now more concerned Trump may cost Republicans' their control of Congress.