Tom Perez, the new chairman of the DNC, has had little input on foreign policy, including Israel. 'I'm so glad Tom Perez won and even happier Israel proved not to be an issue,' party activist says.
- Trump decides to skip White House press dinner (Reuters)
- Palestinian wins 'Arab Idol' talent show (Reuters)
- 73-year-old man dies of wounds in Germany car-ramming incident (Reuters)
- Keith Ellison, marred by allegations of anti-Semitism, fails in bid to lead Democratic Party (AP)
- France places two under formal investigation for planning attack (Reuters)
- Perez falls shy of beating Ellison in first round votes for DNC chair (Haaretz)
- German police say no suspicion of terrorism after driver runs over three (AP)
- Germany's Merkel calls Egypt 'stabilizing' force in region ahead of Cairo visit (dpa)
- Saudi foreign minister makes rare visit to Iraqi capital (Reuters)
- Germany's Merkel stresses need for two-state solution to Mideast conflict (AP)
- One killed after bombs target oil pipeline near Kirkuk, Iraq (Reuters)
- Militants attack Syrian security forces in Homs, killing 42 (Reuters)
- Israeli reported killed in traffic accident in Cuba (Haaretz)
- Report: Three men suffocate in a Gaza tunnel (Haaretz)
- White House blocks CNN, New York Times, Politico from press briefing (Haaretz)
A massive renovation enabled the supporting gird, built by the British, to be dismantled.
Sebastian Gorka, Trump’s high-profile deputy assistant, had worked with openly racist and anti-Semitic groups and public figures and has a penchant for symbols linked with Hungary’s World War II-era Nazi sympathizers.
Hong Kong Police Face Israeli, German Backlash After Comparing Local Cops to Jews Persecuted by Nazis
An officer made the ill-advised Holocaust comparison at a mass protest held after seven officers were sentenced to two years in prison for assaulting an activist in 2014.
Iran Plans to Buy 950 Tons of Uranium Ore From Kazakhstan, Expects Russian Help in Producing Nuclear Fuel
The acquisition would not violate Iran's landmark 2015 deal with world powers over its disputed nuclear program as the deal did not set limits on the Islamic Republic's supplies of uranium ore.
Two new projects seek to stop the dramatic drop in water levels at the world's lowest point.