Israel's Foreign Ministry ordered to 'reassess' EU involvement with Palestinians after decision to label West Bank goods; 'decision is almost completely devoid of any real significance,' official says.
- Two protesters climb onto Buckingham Palace roof (AP)
- France calls for 'enlightened Islam' against jihadist ideology (Reuters)
- Worldwide climate rallies draw hundreds of thousands (AP)
- Iraqis find 3 more mass graves in formerly ISIS-held Sinjar (AP)
- Palestinian groups declare day of mourning and rage after death of Ras al Amud teen (Haaretz)
- MK Yinon Magal faces additional claim of sexual harassment (Haaretz)
- Firebombs hurled at Border Policemen in East Jerusalem's Ras al Amud; no policemen wounded (Haaretz)
- Iraqis find 3 more mass graves in formerly ISIS-held Sinja (AP)
- U.S. senators call for 20,000 troops in Syria, Iraq as ground force to counter ISIS (Reuters)
- Davutoglu: Turkey and EU are paying price of UN 'failure' to solve Syria crisis earlier (AP)
- Palestinians say teen killed by police in Silwan; violent demonstrations erupt in village (Haaretz)
- Palestinian health service reports treating 70 casualties across West Bank on Sunday (Haaretz)
- Driver lightly wounded in rock-throwing incident near Atarot, north of Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Rescue workers: Russian air strikes kill over 30 civilians in rebel-held northwest Syria (Reuters)
- Netanyahu suspends contact with EU over Israel-Palestinian peace process (Haaretz)
The Islamic State isn't high on the Israeli threat list, but it will inevitably try to strike at a vulnerable spot.
In Israel and in the Diaspora, many Jews refuse to see what is patently obvious to others: Israel is neither Jewish nor democratic.
Venture capital firm Innovation Endeavors has mapped 320 Israeli startups operating in the hot field of the Internet of Things – and predicts Israel will become the leading technology power in the industry.
With all the news of terror and strife you may not be in the mood for viral Hanukkah clips, but hopefully some comedy and a 'menorah bong' will light up your holidays.
The comments, reported by Iran's official news agency, are the supreme leader's first reaction to the attacks, in which 130 people were killed.
Gutfreund, who died of cancer just two months before the publication of his latest book, made his writing debut with a humorous novel about the children of Holocaust survivors.