During first confirmation hearing, Haley says she supports the two-state solution, but doesn't believe UN is forum to discuss Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Cabinet okays Maj. Gen. Yair Golan as acting chief-of-staff while Eisenkot hospitalized (Haaretz)
- Defense Minister Lieberman extends term of IDF chief-of-staff Eisenkot by a year (Haaretz)
- Bomb threats lead to evacuation of Jewish centers in at least three U.S. states (Haaretz)
- Iran's Zarif wants cooperation with Saudi over Syria and Yemen (Reuters)
- At least 33 killed, dozens injured in attack in northern Mali (AP)
- Eastern side of Mosul recaptured from ISIS, Iraqi security chief says (Reuters)
- Third quake felt in central Italy, including in capital of Rome (Reuters)
- Rome metro evacuated following second earthquake measuring 5.7 (Reuters)
- Russia extends residence permit for Edward Snowden (AP)
- Joe Biden: Further attempts by Russia to meddle in European elections to be expected (Reuters)
- Assad regime rejects participation of Qatar, Saudis in Syria talks, report says (Reuters)
- Earthquake felt in Italian capital of Rome (Reuters)
- Former U.S. president George Bush Sr. hospitalized in Houston, local media reports (Reuters)
- Death toll in clashes in Bedouin village rises to two (Haaretz)
- Turkey issues arrest warrants for 243 military members in post-coup probe (Reuters)
Netanyahu would willingly attach Israel to a UN-hating, Europe-bashing, Islamo-fighting Anglosphere.
The prime minister won't go quietly. Bulldozers are the ultimate refuge of the criminal suspect.
Riad Rushrush had been accused of regularly beating Tehila Nagar during their year-and-a-half relationship, and she filed a domestic violence complaint weeks before her murder.
Opponents of Iranian deal slam appointment of aide who played key role in drafting nuclear accord.
Hotel website says facilities and services in West Bank hotels now comparable with the best hotels in Israel.
From July 4Th Parties to Death Threats: U.S. Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro and Family Bid Farewell
In a sitdown with Haaretz, Shapiro, clad in very unambassadorial weekend dad-wear, doesn't seem at all unhappy he won't have to report to Trump for even a moment.
An enormous flood in 1966 destroyed a central part of Florence's history, recall 10 Bezalel alumni marking the anniversary of the rescue of a trove of cultural treasures.