The Syrian army is rapidly closing in on the rebels who are in control of the city, leaving a narrow corridor through which civilians are escaping on foot; Russian and Iranian support are tipping the balance in Assad's favor.
- Taiwan quake fells 17-story building, 123 rescued so far (Reuters)
- Bahrain says ready to commit ground forces to Syria (Reuters)
- Magnitude 6.7 earthquake hits southern Taiwan (Reuters)
- CDC: Men who were in Zika areas should use condoms (AP)
- U.S. doctors upgrade Zika precautions; virus found in saliva, urine (Reuters)
- White House welcomes Saudi announcement on fighting ISIS (Reuters)
- Erdogan says Russia, together with Assad regime, responsible for death of 400k in Syria (Reuters)
- Hotel fire in Iraqi Kurdistan kills 17, governor tells local TV (Reuters)
- Turkish PM says 15,000 fleeing Syria's Aleppo arrive at Turkish border (Reuters)
- One reportedly killed after massive crane collapse in lower Manhattan (Reuters)
- Palestinian reportedly killed by Israeli forces in clashes near Hebron (Haaretz)
- Iranian Revolutionary Guards general reportedly killed in Syria fighting (Reuters)
- Japan's Sakurajima volcano erupts not far from nuclear plant (Reuters)
- More than 100 people unaccounted for after South Africa mine collapse (Reuters)
- NATO chief: Russian airstrikes undermining Syria peace talks (Reuters)
The headlines this week reeked of déjà vu, reminiscent of previous confrontations and intifadas, as conditions on the ground in Gaza are becoming more and more similar to those that preceded the 2014 war.
It is not known to what extent the Likud's former campaign manager helped the Tories, but the right-wing swings of both parties were eerily similar.
The gambling industry has become one of the great growth drivers for Israeli high-tech, with dozens of companies encouraging foreigners to part with their money online.
Defendant, whose name has not been released and worked at the death camp between Nov. 1, 1942, and June 25, 1943, is being charged as an accessory to murder.
Turkish president accuses Russia of invading Syria to set up a 'boutique state' for longtime ally Bashar Assad.
PART 3: How are we to regard the protester at the LGBTQ conference who opposed letting pro-Israel voices be heard?