A lacuna in the law allows wealthy politicians to spend millions on campaign as long as they have not officially declared their candidacy.
- Attack on American University in Kabul results in 10 deaths, scores wounded (AP)
- Death toll in Italy rises to 247, say regional officials (Reuters)
- Colombia to hold October 2 plebiscite on peace deal with FARC (AP)
- Obama congratulates Colombian leader on peace deal with FARC rebels (Reuters)
- Colombia, FARC announce historic peace deal to end five decades of bloodshed (AP)
- Costa Rica confirms first case of newborn with microcephaly linked to Zika (Reuters)
- Italy earthquake death toll at least 159 (Reuters)
- U.S. defense official: Iran vessels in 'high speed intercept' of U.S. ship (Reuters)
- Poll: Clinton would have 95% chance of winning if U.S. presidential election held today (Reuters)
- Five tourists rescued from Tze'elim stream in southern Israel (Haaretz)
- Turkey: Operation in Syria will continue until Kurdish YPG withdraws over Euphrates (Reuters)
- Turkish PM: Syria operation will continue until Kurdish fighters move east of Euphrates (Reuters)
- Former PM Ehud Olmert submits appeal for early release, hearing scheduled for Dec. 25 (Haaretz)
- Biden: Turkey coup plotters were terrorists, U.S. in awe of Erdogan's response (Reuters)
- Death toll in Italy earthquake rises to at least 120 people (Reuters)
The Kurdish takeover in Manbij and their stated intention to further encroach on ISIS territory raised the stakes for Ankara, which understood that if it doesn't act now it may find a new Kurdish entity on its border.
The enforcement of this law is not just insensitive and immoral, it feeds the hate that drives some into the open arms of ISIS recruiters.
Amana Yassin’s ex-husband is the primary suspect in her murder in Tamra.
Fearing Jewish-led boycotts, Germany signed the Transfer Agreement, letting 60,000 beleaguered German Jews to reach Palestine, with their money no less.
The results set the stage for a Security Council showdown between the five veto-wielding powers over whether sanctions should be imposed in the wake of the inquiry.
A new staging of Yehoshua Sobol's iconic play, 'The Night of the Twentieth,' highlights sex and settlement.
Reuters/Ipsos poll shows Clinton beating Trump in the popular vote and ahead in 19 states, including most of the larger ones.