At heated Likud meeting, PM describes Trump presidency as 'historic opportunity,' but says Israel should know its limits.
- Lieberman: Comptroller report is for improvement, not political payback (Haaretz)
- Hamas: Israel fully responsible for escalation in Gaza (Haaretz)
- Security guard shoots Palestinian suspected of planning attack at West Bank check point (Haaretz)
- Palestinians: Israel strikes Hamas site in central Gaza Strip (Haaretz)
- Iraqi forces seize Mosul's southernmost bridge (Reuters)
- Senior Taliban commander killed in northern Afghanistan airstrike (Reuters)
- Israeli sentenced to 11 years for trying to kill Jew he thought was an Arab (Haaretz)
- Flights delayed form Sde Dov airport due to heavy fog over central Israel (Haaretz)
- Hundreds of religious female students protesting against women praying at Western Wall (Haaretz)
- Gaza rocket hits southern Israel; none hurt (Haaretz)
- Iran begins annual navy drill of strait of Hormuz (AP)
- Dozens of headstones broken in Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia (Haaretz)
- U.S. calls on Russia, immediately observe Ukraine cease-fire, withdraw heavy weapons (Reuters)
- San Francisco-Tel Aviv flight diverted after smell of smoke in cockpit (Haaretz)
- Syrian warplanes pound rebel-held area in central city of Homs (AP)
Israeli soldier is due to start 18-month sentence next Sunday for killing of Palestinian assailant, but jail time may be deferred until after appeal is heard.
Editor-in-chief of The Atlantic talks with David Axelrod about the prospects of Middle East peace and how journalists should approach Donald Trump.
From 'La La Land' to a film about a Holocaust survivor’s violin, the 2017 Oscar is more Jewish than you even knew.
Palestinian president speaks at Human Rights Council, decrying talk of alternatives to two-state solution.
There was plenty of Trump bashing at the Oscars, but for once, the screw up wasn't his.