The situation should worry anyone who seeks to live a normal life in the State of Israel.
- Iconic Iranian skyscraper collapses; at least 30 firefighters killed (AP)
- Islamic State executes 12 in Palmyra, Syria (Reuters)
- 30 reported missing after avalanche hits hotel in central Italy (AP)
- Former President George H.W. Bush in intensive care for pneumonia (AP)
- Cabinet okays Maj. Gen. Yair Golan as acting chief-of-staff while Eisenkot hospitalized (Haaretz)
- Defense Minister Lieberman extends term of IDF chief-of-staff Eisenkot by a year (Haaretz)
- Bomb threats lead to evacuation of Jewish centers in at least three U.S. states (Haaretz)
- Iran's Zarif wants cooperation with Saudi over Syria and Yemen (Reuters)
- At least 33 killed, dozens injured in attack in northern Mali (AP)
- Eastern side of Mosul recaptured from ISIS, Iraqi security chief says (Reuters)
- Third quake felt in central Italy, including in capital of Rome (Reuters)
- Rome metro evacuated following second earthquake measuring 5.7 (Reuters)
- Russia extends residence permit for Edward Snowden (AP)
- Joe Biden: Further attempts by Russia to meddle in European elections to be expected (Reuters)
- Assad regime rejects participation of Qatar, Saudis in Syria talks, report says (Reuters)
Faith leaders offer their own alternative invocations for the Trump inauguration.
Students from the Open Hillel movement will rally in D.C. urging Hillel to end its financial partnership with Israel's Diaspora Affairs minister, citing his 'disregard for democratic values.'
It started from one small cabinet and grew, including thanks to a selection of treasures from the Jews of Danzig.
The victims included state employees, teachers and soldiers.
Days before inauguration, foreign diplomats, Republican leaders and donors attend president-elect's first event in Washington in more than a month.
'Bright Lights,' an HBO documentary about Reynolds and Fisher's complex mother-daughter relationship, exposes the pain underneath the glamour of show business.