As long as fighters are willing to remain there, the besieged city will not fall. But life there will become hell.
- Strong quake rocks eastern Indonesia; no damage reported yet (AP)
- Man arrested in Be'er Sheva on suspicion of planning to carry out a terror attack (Haaretz)
- Suspected Islamist militants attack Mali UN base, several dead (Reuters)
- Turkish foreign minister: Syria deal 'important step' to resolving crisis (Reuters)
- Pakistan foils planned jailbreak that would have freed Daniel Pearl's killer (Reuters)
- Russian PM Medvedev says the use of ground troops in Syria could result in world war (AP)
- Venezuela says three dead from Zika complications (AP)
- Israeli man wounded in stabbing in central Jerusalem; circumstances still unclear (Haaretz)
- Kerry: Major powers agree on ceasefire in Syria, to begin in one week (Reuters)
- Major powers agree on plan to break Syria deadlock (Reuters)
- Half of $100b of Iran's unfrozen assets is already tied up due to debts (Reuters)
- France's Hollande calls on Russia to stop action in Syria, Assad to leave power (Reuters)
- Russian PM warns of "new world war" if Syria negotiations fail (Reuters)
- U.S. blacklists three Middle Eastern nationals for working with ISIS (Reuters)
- Military campaign against ISIS must be accelerated, says U.S. to allies (Reuters)
Absolutely nobody threatens Netanyahu’s rule today, yet the prime minister has difficulty making hard decisions.
More than 30 years after he trudged through the snow to report on the radical socialist's campaign for mayor, Alan Abbey believes the presidential hopeful is still a good Jewish guy.
Not the poorest Israelis, who disproportionately play Mifal Hapayis and Toto — and whose towns have more lottery kiosks per capita than richer ones.
Parashat Terumah: 'And let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them.' God needs more than a house to live in; he needs a nation in whose midst he can dwell.
Meanwhile, U.S. defense secretary says he expects Saudi Arabia and UAE to provide forces to help Syrian opposition fighters against ISIS.