The prime minister’s initiative to meet both contenders comes at same time that Sheldon Adelson ups the ante in support of the GOP candidate
- Syria believes it's on way to military victory, FM tells UN (AP)
- UN chief Ban appalled by 'chilling escalation' in Syria's Aleppo (Reuters)
- N.Y. Times endorses Clinton for U.S. president (Reuters)
- 25 killed in fresh airstrikes in Aleppo, monitor says; more than 100 dead since Friday (Reuters)
- Jeremy Corbyn re-elected leader of Britain's Labour party (Reuters)
- Airstrikes target rebel-held eastern Aleppo (Reuters)
- At least 12 killed, 23 wounded in militant attacks north of Iraqi city of Tikrit (Reuters)
- Four dead in shooting at mall in Washington state (Reuters)
- U.K.: British warplanes bomb ISIS to support Iraqi push on Mosul (AP)
- Report: Twitter initiates talks with tech companies over sale (Reuters)
- Magnitude 6.5 quake hits off Philippines' Mindanao island (Reuters)
- Obama vetoes bill that would allow 9/11 victims' families to sue Saudi Arabia (Reuters)
- Clinton leads Trump by 4 percentage points, Reuters/Ipsos poll shows (Reuters)
- Ted Cruz announces he's voting for Trump (Reuters)
- Turkish journalist detained over 'subliminal coup messages,' state media says (Reuters)
Russia and the U.S. failed miserably at managing the cease-fire they orchestrated, and are both responsible for the absurd situation now delaying the assault on ISIS' stronghold.
The year that 'Satanic Verses' came out marked the end of my childhood innocence. That year, my religion teacher taught us that girls who showed skin would burn in hell, that the mujahideen were heroes and that infidels were doomed to die.
Four were arrested for the shooting of Dua'a Abu-Sharach; relatives report that her husband, from whom she was separated, had abducted and tried to kill her in past.
Merkel said Germany owed Mannheimer much gratitude, calling him a 'great reconciler' for his post-war efforts.
Syrian military makes its first major ground advance since launching the offensive on Thursday, capturing key rebel camp near Aleppo, as air strikes continue: 'Every missile makes an earthquake.'
Sand Storm is the first all-Arabic language film to be Israel’s submission for the Oscars foreign film category.
The Sept. 16-22 opinion poll showed that 41 percent of likely voters supported Clinton, while 37 percent supported Trump.