Washington stands by Turkey while expecting the Kurds to help fight tough battles against Islamist militants in Syria.
- Kerry visiting Saudi Arabia, raises concerns about civilian casualties in Yemen (AP)
- Russia backs 48-hour Aleppo truce, U.N. wants other sides to commit (Reuters)
- State to pay Hagai Felician $585,000 for false imprisonment in gay center shooting case (Haaretz)
- Hundreds demonstrating in Upper Galilee, demand state funding (Haaretz)
- Norwegian man held on suspicion of joining ISIS group in Syria (AP)
- Kidnapped Egyptian policeman shot dead in Sinai (AP)
- Kerry in Saudi Arabia for talks on Yemen, Syria conflicts (AP)
- Russia agrees to 48-hour truce in Aleppo; UN waits for response from other parties (Reuters)
- Germany mulls alternatives to Turkey's Incirlik base for its planes (Reuters)
- Swiss cantons propose local hiring preferences to curb EU immigration (Reuters)
- Turkish opposition leader's convoy caught in clash in northeast; Kilicdaroglu unharmed (Reuters)
- Chinese military says it has been providing medical training to Syria (Reuters)
- South Africa's Desmond Tutu admits himself to hospital due to infection (AP)
- Turkish forces secure area around town of Jarablus, Syria (AP)
- UN: Saudi-led coalition responsible for most civilians killed in Yemen (Reuters)
On June 11, 2009, I published a piece here in which I suggested a formula: A demilitarized Palestinian state alongside the Jewish State of Israel. Three days later it was the thrust of Netanyahu’s Bar-Ilan speech.
Proponents of religious-messianic nationalism, key partners in the Israeli government, are making a dangerous mistake by trying to base Israel’s claim to all of Mandatory Palestine on a divine promise made in the Bible.
Textbook portrayed the rise of Yair Lapid’s Yesh Atid as a product of the moment; no amendments have been made following complaints by LGBT community and Israeli Arabs.
Hudson Institute to award Netanyahu | Aaron Miller looks to post-Obama era | Why does Bibi rejoice as Obama administration nears an end | Lapid stings Bibi on the diplomatic front
Ten of the dead in the attack by suspected government helicopters were children, including an infant and a toddler. Russia has agreed to the ceasefire but other parties have not yet signed on to the deal.
Israel Electric Corp worker found unexpected correlations between swarms of nomadica jellyfish, the temperature of the sea - and the phase of the moon.
The timing of Trump's apparent policy shift came just as Coulter was launching her pro-Trump book 'In Trump We Trust'