Despite the deep misgivings of the top military brass, the army may be compelled to launch a major operation ordered by a government under pressure.
- Tunisia puts scores suspected of being returning jihadists under house arrest (Reuters)
- IDF shoots at Palestinians who rioted at the Gaza border (Haaretz)
- Turkey's Erdogan warns Russia not to 'play with fire' regarding downed Russian warplane (Reuters)
- UNICEF: AIDS leading cause of death for African teenagers (AP)
- Turkey's Erdogan says does not want to harm relations with Russia (Reuters)
- Berlin police release two terrorist suspects (AP)
- Assailant who was shot after wounding soldiers near Hebron dies (Haaretz)
- Polish cargo ship attacked off Nigeria; five seamen abducted (AP)
- Five soldiers wounded - four moderately, one lightly - in car-ramming attack near Hebron (Haaretz)
- Gibraltar re-elects left-leaning government (AP)
- Six refugee children drown on way to Greece (AP)
- Ukrainian minister: Russia and rebel-controlled Donbass limiting coal supplies to Ukraine (Reuters)
- French FM: Putin wants map of forces not to bomb in Syria (Reuters)
- Germany arrests man who may have sold guns to Paris attackers (Reuters)
- 2 arrested over attack on luxury hotel in Mali (AP)
Put your questions to our Middle East expert on the states' spiraling ties in wake of the downed warplane.
You can call it whatever you please, but this is a popular Palestinian uprising that stems from a feeling of having nothing to lose.
Kerry left the region this week bitterly disappointed; Netanyahu signaled that he regards the opposition leader as nothing more than a spare tire.
A man threatens ultra-Orthodox Jew in Melbourne, saying 'go back to Israel.'
The attack in Borga that left one dead and three wounded was the second on Bangladesh's Shi'ite community.
Meir Dor won the A division with a net 71, followed by Moshe Nessis. It was definitely ladies day in the B division, with Sadeghi scoring a net 68 to take first place from Norma Kaufman on net 69.