65-year-old from local kibbutz suffers moderate wounds after being stabbed in the neck in southern Israel; manhunt underway for suspected assailant.
- Israeli woman, 65, stabbed in Bedouin town of Rahat (Haaretz)
- EU urges Turkey to keep border open to Syrian refugees (AP)
- Syria FM: Foreign troops entering Syria would return 'in coffins' (AP)
- 8 killed in suicide attack that targeted security forces in southwestern Pakistan (AP)
- Al-Qaida takes responsibility for Friday's attack on UN base in Timbuktu, Mali (Reuters)
- Explosion at Spanish biodiesel plant kills 2, badly injures 1; police investigating (AP)
- Syrians flee as Russian and Syrian forces intensify assault on Aleppo (Reuters)
- Syria signals that no ceasefire would take effect until Jordanian, Turkish borders shut (Reuters)
- Syrian FM: Any ground incursion without state approval is an act of aggression (Reuters)
- Taiwan earthquake death toll rises to 11 (AP)
- Austria's finance minister asks EU for $670m to cover costs for additional refugees (Reuters)
- North Korea: Rocket launch will take place between February 7-14 (Reuters)
- Three British troops injured in operation against ISIS in Iraq (Reuters)
- Yair Lapid calls for investigation of Balad MKs who visited families of attackers (Haaretz)
- Guardian Council reverses ban on 1,500 candidates in Iran's parliamentary elections (AP)
The Syrian army is rapidly closing in on the rebels who are in control of the city, leaving a narrow corridor through which civilians are escaping on foot; Russian and Iranian support are tipping the balance in Assad's favor.
If you don’t conduct some sort of discussion with the most fanatic people on the other side, you won’t understand them – or yourself.
'Saturday Night Live' will feature the Democratic presidential candidate alongside the comedian, who has portrayed Sanders a number of times on the show this season.
Defendant, whose name has not been released and worked at the death camp between Nov. 1, 1942, and June 25, 1943, is being charged as an accessory to murder.
Syria crisis: EU urges Turkey to keep border open as tens of thousands of Syrians flee Aleppo; Turkey says 30,000 to 35,000 Syrians now waiting on border, no immediate plans to let them in.
PART 3: How are we to regard the protester at the LGBTQ conference who opposed letting pro-Israel voices be heard?