Brief, chance exchange between two leaders - the first since 2010 - does not attest to any improvement in relations between them.
- Russia will not attend OPEC consultations, meeting this week (Reuters)
- Russia's Putin, China's Xi meet on sidelines of Paris summit (Reuters)
- Pink named UNICEF ambassador in fight to end child hunger (AP)
- Obama, Putin discuss Syria, Ukraine during climate talks (AP)
- Ukraine says can repair electricity line to Crimea, but only when activists are ready (Reuters)
- U.S. embassy in Kabul warns of imminent attack in city within 48 hours (Reuters)
- France: Russian strikes in Syria must clearly target only ISIS, similar jihadi groups (Reuters)
- Over 20 killed as U.S.-backed rebels, rival militants clash in northern Syria (AP)
- PM: Turkey won't apologize to Russia over downing of jet (AP)
- U.S., allies conduct 15 air strikes against ISIS in Syria, Iraq (Reuters)
- EU commission says EU will continue to work for peace with Israel and Palestinians (Reuters)
- Obama: Paris climate summit an 'act of defiance' against terrorism after Paris attacks (AP)
- Tunisian forces arrest two suspected Islamic militants, seize cache of weapons, explosives (Reuters)
- Russia to delay food import restrictions on Turkey for next weeks, deputy PM says (Reuters)
- Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon: No sign of terror wave subsiding (Haaretz)
Despite the bold declarations, Moscow and Ankara can't afford to break off economic and military cooperation.
The separation fence in the West Bank cuts off villages from towns, and towns from cities. Now, it is also separating nursing ewes from their lambs.
Oxfordshire-based Reaction Engines are developing a new aerospace engine class that combines both jet and rocket technologies. They call it the greatest advance in propulsion since the jet engine.
It took 45 minutes for the twelve people to read out the names of 767 Norwegian Jews deported by the Norwegian authorities during the Nazi occupation.
Rescue workers say the air strike on Ariha in Idlib province wounded dozens more people, striking a market place.
The J.D. Allen Trio jumped among styles and Duo Ras Dashen did not repeat its amazing debut.