Army failed main goal ■ Ministers kept in dark ■ Major intel gaps ■ 11 key headlines from the scathing report rattling Israel's politicians and military.
- President Rivlin calls for shortcomings exposed by Gaza war report to be rectified (Haaretz)
- Netanyahu responds to Gaza war report: Report omits real lessons to be drawn from war (Haaretz)
- One killed in clash at Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon (Reuters)
- Iraqi forces advance toward major ISIS-held targets Mosul (Reuters)
- South Korea challenges North Korea UN membership after Malaysia assassination (Reuters)
- Syrian pro-government forces reached periphery of ISIS-controlled Palmyra, say activists (AP)
- Islamic State claims thwarted suicide bomb attack on police station in Algeria (AP)
- Child reported killed amid clashes in Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon
- Child reported killed amid clashes in Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon (Reuters)
- 17-year-old arrested during evacuation of Ofra settlement in West Bank (Haaretz)
- Erdogan: Next step for Turkey-backed forces is northern Syrian town of Manbij (Reuters)
- German police search properties connected to Christmas market attacker's mosque (Reuters)
- Egypt arrests 22 after riot in coastal city of Port Said (AP)
- Evacuation of nine homes in Ofra settlement begins; dozens barricaded (Haaretz)
- Malaysia to charge two women with murder of Kim Jong Un's half brother (Reuters)
Alarms sound in Gaza border communities 48 hours after a rocket fired from Gaza exploded in southern Israel, though none were wounded and no damage was caused.
It would be a boon for the economy, but it's only likely to happen if the political environment in the U.S. becomes really awful - and if it does, Israel would be in trouble, too.
The Berlin-based Research and Information Office on Anti-Semitism, founded in 2015, reported Monday on the dramatic rise of anti-Semitic incidents.
Terrified civilians flee the fighting, some toward government lines, while others head deeper into ISIS-held parts of the city.
There was plenty of Trump bashing at the Oscars, but for once, the screw up wasn't his.