Additional workers to be employed in construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, services, agriculture and other areas.
- Rescuers find 3 more survivors from Taiwan earthquake; toll likely to exceed 100 (Reuters)
- UN condemns North Korea's rocket launch, promises 'significant' sanctions (AP)
- Denver Broncos beat Carolina Panthers 24-10, winning Super Bowl 50 (Haaretz)
- UN Security Council condemns North Korea launch, vows action (Reuters)
- PM: If U.S. aid doesn't address Israel's security needs, we'll wait for next president (Haaretz)
- U.S., allies conduct 17 strikes against Islamic State in Syria and Iraq (Reuters)
- Egyptian police kill four suspected militants in raid near Cairo (DPA)
- With help from UN, Israeli returned from Lebanon after crossing border (Haaretz)
- PM, coalition party heads agree to advance bill that could suspend Israeli Arab MKs (Haaretz)
- Turkey: Reaching limits but will keep taking in refugees (AP)
- Turkey delivers aid across border as Syrian forces step up Aleppo assault (Reuters)
- Algerian lawmakers pass reforms boosting parliament powers (Reuters)
- Several dual citizens in Iran face espionage charges, official says (Reuters)
- Germany says North Korea rocket launch an 'irresponsible provocation' (Reuters)
- Spanish police arrest six on suspicion of links to ISIS, Nusra Front (AP)
We can rely on the coalition to provide us with a steady stream of slapstick with their twisted thinking, but it’s hard to see anyone enjoying the last laugh.
Daniel Bar-Tal knows all about the Israeli siege mentality – he wrote the book on it. Now he wants to convince his countrymen to end the occupation, for their own sake – without dwelling on Palestinian rights.
While old-timers at Kibbutz Sha’ar Ha’amakim in northern Israel are racking their brains to recall Bernie Sanders from a volunteer stint in the 1960s, Haaretz tracked down a first cousin of the Democratic presidential hopeful at a moshav in the Negev.
A new study says that most of the agricultural terraces surrounding Jerusalem were built during the Ottoman era. But critics are taking steps to counter the findings.
Alexanda Kotey sailed with British MP Galloway on a convoy to Gaza before he joined the infamous ISIS cell with 'Jihadi John,' Washington Post and BuzzFeed News reveal.
Who needs the little gold statue? Nominees in the main categories will receive an extravagant gift basket valued at $200,000.