In phone conversation, European Union foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini invites Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to EU headquarters in Brussels.
- Iraq prepares troops for offensive to retake Mosul (Reuters)
- Pope Francis arrives in Cuba ahead of meeting with Russian Orthodox patriarch (Reuters)
- Israel and EU end 3-month crisis, agree to resume talks on Palestinians (Haaretz)
- Libyan fighter jet shot down while carrying out attacks against Islamic militants (AP)
- Iran ready to work together with Saudi Arabia for Mideast stability, says FM (Reuters)
- In interview, Syria's Assad vows to continue fighting while talks take place (Reuters)
- Saudi FM defends stance on Yemen and Syria at Munich Security Conference (AP)
- France to force 1,000 people to leave Calais "jungle" migrant camp (Reuters)
- Mideast Quartet will prepare report end of escalation, two-state solution (Haaretz)
- Defense Minister Ya'alon meets with Jordan's King Abdullah at Munich security conference (Haaretz)
- Palestinian reports: One seriously injured by rubber bullet during clashes near Ramallah (Haaretz)
- Thousands of doctors protest against police abuses in Cairo (AP)
- U.S., allies stage 20 strikes against Islamic State in Iraq (Reuters)
- Three dead, 30 wounded in Islamist attack on UN base in Mali (Reuters)
- Strong quake rocks eastern Indonesia; no damage reported yet (AP)
Avichai Mendelblit was an inspirational figure in the long-running saga to find a solution to the dispute about prayer and access at the Western Wall.
Bretagne Local Creperie in Tel Aviv will make you forget everything you thought you knew about French crepes.
Hamas may have told Israel it isn’t looking for another war in Gaza, but it’s clearly desperate to advance its attack tunnels. It’s also delighted to be sowing seeds of discontent and concern among the Israeli public.
The 30-year-old assailant was killed by the police after injuring four people in the Nazareth Restaurant and Deli.
Meanwhile, U.S. defense secretary says he expects Saudi Arabia and UAE to provide forces to help Syrian opposition fighters against ISIS.
All the popular soccer player wanted to do was to announce that he would be appearing in a television commercial for an Israeli cable company.