83 people detained within the last year for jihadist activity, including both Israeli Arabs and Palestinians.
- Tel Aviv-bound Flight UA954 lands in Houston following a smell of smoke in the cockpit (Haaretz)
- Iraq: Police commandos recapture new neighborhood in Mosul (AP)
- DWI suspected in crash that hurt 28 at New Orleans parade (AP)
- Iran begins navy drill off Strait of Hormuz (AP)
- U.S. may pull out of UN's human rights council, Politico reports (Haaretz)
- Reports: 12 injured as car runs into crowd at New Orleans parade (DPA)
- Trump decides to skip White House press dinner (Reuters)
- Palestinian wins 'Arab Idol' talent show (Reuters)
- 73-year-old man dies of wounds in Germany car-ramming incident (Reuters)
- Keith Ellison, marred by allegations of anti-Semitism, fails in bid to lead Democratic Party (AP)
- France places two under formal investigation for planning attack (Reuters)
- Perez falls shy of beating Ellison in first round votes for DNC chair (Haaretz)
- German police say no suspicion of terrorism after driver runs over three (AP)
- Germany's Merkel calls Egypt 'stabilizing' force in region ahead of Cairo visit (dpa)
- Saudi foreign minister makes rare visit to Iraqi capital (Reuters)
Events in Umm al-Hiran, when a police officer and local man died, likely to have damaging impact on police's work in the Arab community.
Pence made the emoji gaffe twice before addressing the Republican Jewish Coalition.
Sebastian Gorka, Trump’s high-profile deputy assistant, had worked with openly racist and anti-Semitic groups and public figures and has a penchant for symbols linked with Hungary’s World War II-era Nazi sympathizers.
Hamas condemns Egypt for filling tunnels in gas when demolishing them, calls on Cairo to open Rafah crossing.
Two new projects seek to stop the dramatic drop in water levels at the world's lowest point.