The legislation, passed by 60 to 49 vote, would not apply to the unauthorized settlement outpost of Amona, slated for evacuation by December 25. Likud's Benny Begin opposed the bill.
- Russia, China block UN resolution demanding seven-day Aleppo truce (Reuters)
- Israeli lawmakers support West Bank outpost legalization bill in preliminary vote (Haaretz)
- Italy's president tells PM Renzi to delay resignation until budget approved (Reuters)
- John Kerry says Iran nuclear deal has made world safer, rejects Trump's criticism (Reuters)
- Trump meets former VP Al Gore in 'search for areas of common ground' (Reuters)
- Russia says it informed Iran about U.S. proposals on Syria (Reuters)
- French Prime Minister Manuel Valls says will run in presidential election (Reuters)
- N.Y.C. major says will ask government for $35 million to cover Trump-related security costs (AP)
- Tehran says Iran and rival Saudi Arabia should cooperate to resolve regional crises (AP)
- Police questions Netanyahu's ex-chief of staff Gil Sheffer, suspected of sexual assault (Haaretz)
- ISIS says supporters will attack Turkish embassies, consulates around the world (Reuters)
- U.S. defense chief Ashton Carter to visit Israel next week (Haaretz)
- Greece rejects extradition of Turkish servicemen who fled after failed coup (AP)
- Jill Stein campaign demands statewide recount of presidential votes in Pennsylvania (Reuters)
- Senior Hamas official Ismail Radwan calls on Palestinians to kidnap IDF soldiers (Haaretz)
Decision was backtracked after Bedouin worker – suspended after warning about faulty door which led to theft of Be'er Sheva's Apple store – threatened to publicize story.
Born in Tel Aviv, pro-Palestinian activist Eran Cohen, 27, is challenging the accepted norms of British Jewry.
China says contacts have been maintained with Trump's team and that the president-elect understands China's position on Taiwan, despite tough tweets.
Internal struggles among Iraqi and Syrian Kurds belie a widespread belief that they might cooperate – so far they can’t even determine common strategic goals.
When Shmuel Yosef Agnon was evacuated to the Jerusalem home of the famed kabbalist Gershom Scholem during the War of Independence, he found a letter that would make every Airbnb host proud.