At AIPAC, Paul Kagame tells Haaretz about his affinity for Israel − another country that rose from a genocide, but prefers to talk business cooperation and fighting terrorism.
- Abbas calls on Arab summit to endorse Palestinian position, demands British apology (Haaretz)
- Turkey arrests suspected ISIS recruiter, state news reports (AP)
- UK triggers article 50 to leave the European Union
- Bus bombing kills at least 5 in Syria's Homs, state news reports (Reuters)
- Bob Dylan to accept Nobel Prize for Literature after concert in Stockholm this weekend (Reuters)
- ISIS shells U.S.-backed forces as they try to open Tabqa Dam spillway outside Raqqa (Reuters)
- Refugee group: Over 3,000 fleeing Somalia daily due to drought, looming famine (Reuters)
- Jordan's King Abdullah to Arab summit: two-state solution is the only route for peace (Reuters)
- 4 suspected Al-Qaida members killed in drone strike in Yemen, residents say (Reuters)
- Israeli defense exports rise to 6.5 billion in 2016 (Haaretz)
- Netanyahu, Finance Minister Kahlon meet for fourth time in bid to solve coalition crisis (Haaretz)
- Reports: Kurdish militant dies after car bomb explodes prematurely (AP)
- Turkey to discuss Syria, Gulen with U.S.' Rex Tillerson on visit to Ankara (Reuters)
- Biggest police union warns Trump: Cuts to 'sanctuary cities' could create safety risks (Reuters)
- British PM May signs Brexit letter to EU to trigger Article 50 (Reuters)
The militant group is in possession of dozens of such short-range rockets as it steps up arms production in preparation of a future conflict with Israel.
Having worked for the ADL, I know anti-Semitic incidents have long been a feature of American life. But our communal reaction, and the media’s, has verged on hysteria and lacks historical perspective.
'Hitler’s American Model,' by James Q. Whitman, contends that America's racist legislation served as a model for at least portions of Nazi Germany's Nuremberg Laws.
Getting smuggled out is too expensive for most civilians, and once outside the city they face land mines, checkpoints, coercion and constant airstrikes.
The controversial decision makes Dylan the only singer-songwriter to ever win the Nobel Prize for Literature.