Diplomats say Israel is more interested in creating 'public diplomacy buzz' than resolving case of World Vision's Mohammed El Halabi, whom Israel accuses of diverting millions of dollars to Islamist group in Gaza.
- Russia agrees to 48-hour truce in Aleppo; UN waits for response from other parties (Reuters)
- Germany mulls alternatives to Turkey's Incirlik base for its planes (Reuters)
- Swiss cantons propose local hiring preferences to curb EU immigration (Reuters)
- Turkish opposition leader's convoy caught in clash in northeast; Kilicdaroglu unharmed (Reuters)
- Chinese military says it has been providing medical training to Syria (Reuters)
- South Africa's Desmond Tutu admits himself to hospital due to infection (AP)
- Turkish forces secure area around town of Jarablus, Syria (AP)
- UN: Saudi-led coalition responsible for most civilians killed in Yemen (Reuters)
- France calls for UN Security Council action over Syrian use of chemical weapons (Reuters)
- Turkish defense minister: Though unsolicited, U.S. air support for operation is useful (Reuters)
- Shots fired from Gaza at IDF soldiers who stopped Palestinian boat out of permitted area (Haaretz)
- Senior Turkish official: Over 20 tanks in Syria, more to be sent as needed (Reuters)
- Attack on American University in Kabul results in 12 deaths, scores wounded (AP)
- Death toll in Italy rises to 247, say regional officials (Reuters)
- Colombia to hold October 2 plebiscite on peace deal with FARC (AP)
The Kurdish takeover in Manbij and their stated intention to further encroach on ISIS territory raised the stakes for Ankara, which understood that if it doesn't act now it may find a new Kurdish entity on its border.
Fearing Jewish-led boycotts, Germany signed the Transfer Agreement, letting 60,000 beleaguered German Jews to reach Palestine, with their money no less.
Amana Yassin’s ex-husband is the primary suspect in her murder in Tamra.
Parents and community leaders blame an atmosphere of 'harassment, insults and assaults' against Jews that prevails in the French public school system.
Kemal Kilicdaroglu was traveling in the country's northeast when shots were exchanged between the police and an unidentified party.
A new staging of Yehoshua Sobol's iconic play, 'The Night of the Twentieth,' highlights sex and settlement.
Many rank-and-file black voters dismiss Trump's overtures of late as another racially charged pitch from a campaign aimed exclusively at whites.