UAE foreign ministry spokesperson says new mission to be accredited to International Renewable Energy Agency and activities to be limited to issues relating to agency-related contacts.
- Syria insurgents recapture town in Aleppo province from army (AP)
- Turkey's Erdogan: We wish Russian plane downing had not happened (AP)
- Top Kurdish lawyer killed in clashes in southeast Turkey (Reuters)
- Turkish foreign ministry advises Turkish citizens against all non-urgent travel to Russia (Reuters)
- Amir Guttfreund, award-winning Israeli author, dies at 52 (Haaretz)
- Four Egypt security personnel killed by gunmen south of Cairo (Reuters)
- Macedonian army starts building fence on Greek border (Reuters)
- Unidentified gunmen attack UN base in northern Mali (Reuters)
- Japan scrambles fighters after Chinese planes fly near Okinawa (DPA)
- At least eight injured in shooting near abortion clinic in Colorado (Reuters)
- NSA to shut down bulk phone surveillence of Americans by Sunday (Reuters)
- Border Police officer, 37, wounded in stabbing in Nahariya (Haaretz)
- IDF imposes closure on village of Beit Ummar, near Hebron, after cabinet approves measure (Haaretz)
- Suicide bomber hits Shi'ite procession in Nigeria, 21 reported killed (Reuters)
- Jets believed to be Russian carried out airstrikes in Syria near Turkish border (Reuters)
Though the White House backed Turkey’s right to defend its territory, it also needs Russia for any diplomatic solution to the Syrian crisis.
Kerry left the region this week bitterly disappointed; Netanyahu signaled he regards opposition leader Herzog as nothing more than a spare tire.
Travel industry sources say few Israelis have canceled but few are making new reservations. If they’re flying to Europe, it’s to the east.
Gross had been helping connect Cuba’s small Jewish community to the Internet when he was arrested and charged with crimes against the state.
The attack in Borga that left one dead and three wounded was the second on Bangladesh's Shi'ite community.
Growing up in Eilat, Ofir Banet didn’t even know Israel had a women’s basketball team. Now, the 19-year-old is in it and could become a giant in the Israeli game.