Saudi-Turkish threat to invade Syria points to the gap between the desire for a cease-fire agreement and reality. Judging by Russia’s conduct so far, Riyadh and Ankara might want to reexamine what could be a dangerous gamble.
- Preliminary report: Shooting attack in East Jerusalem's Damascus Gate (Haaretz)
- Prof. David Shulman wins Israel Prize for religious studies and philosophy (Haaretz)
- Pope Francis, speaking at mass in Ecatepec, says he wants Mexico without emigration, 'merchants of d
- Death toll in central Israel truck-bus collision rises to six (Haaretz)
- Turkish PM to Merkel: Turkey will continue to respond to Kurdish militia attacks in Syria (Reuters)
- Death toll in central Israel truck-bus collision rises to five; more than 20 injured (Haaretz)
- At least 15 people said wounded in bus accident on Rte. 431 between Ramle and Modi'in (Haaretz)
- Civilian casualties in Afghanistan hit record high, UN says (Reuters)
- Attempted stabbing reported near Hebron's Tomb of the Patriarchs; assailant shot at scene (Haaretz)
- France calls on Turkey to halt bombardments of Kurdish zones in Syria (Reuters)
- Greek authorities arrest three Iraqi Kurds with guns, ammunition (Reuters)
- One killed, three wounded in stabbing at asylum center in Sweden (AP)
- Ya'alon: Israelis secretly meeting with officials from Gulf states (Haaretz)
- Egypt policeman's conviction overturned in protester's death (AP)
- Saudi troop deployment in Syria linked to U.S.-led coalition against ISIS, FM says (Reuters)
Though dubbed 'bad for the Jews' for his stance on religion and state, the fiery Italian Catholic judge was a friend of the former Israeli Chief Justice, and brought 'chutzpah' into the Supreme Court.
Is it a religious day full of idol-worshiping, or a secular, modern celebration of love? A historical tour of the holiday through the eyes of the great rabbinical sages.
Military Police investigated suspicions that officers in the unit gave contracts to outside companies they will personally tied to.
Newly released e-mails include a letter to then-Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren from two Congressmen with the plea 'Let our people(‘s fish) go!'
Israeli defense minister's speech at Munich security conference turned into confrontation with Saudi intelligence chief, who responded: Handshakes with Israelis never helped Palestinians.
Friendship is free of the indignities, suffering and drama that characterize romantic love; it doesn't have an expiration date; we rarely suspect it to be a figment of our imagination. But love is what fuels our economy.