The best eulogies were those that addressed not only what Peres had accomplished, but also what remains left to be done.
- Russia reinforces Syria air base (Reuters)
- Jerusalem roads open to traffic as usual (Haaretz)
- Former President Shimon Peres buried at Mount Herzl in Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Obama: I couldn't be more honored to be in Jerusalem to say farewell to my friend Peres (Haaretz)
- Amoz Oz at Peres funeral: Peace is a must – we have nowhere else to go (Haaretz)
- Netanyahu: High leader turnout for Peres burial 'a testament to his quest for peace' (Haaretz)
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu eulogizes former President Shimon Peres at funeral (Haaretz)
- President Rivlin lauds Peres' peace efforts: Your death marks end of an era (Haaretz)
- Russian airstrikes have killed 9,300 in past year, Syrian opposition monitor says (AP)
- Funeral for statesman Shimon Peres under way at Jerusalem's Mt. Herzl cemetery (Haaretz)
- 2 dead, 15 injured in fire at hospital in western Germany (AP)
- Netanyahu, Abbas shake hands in rare visit by Palestinian leader for Peres funeral (Haaretz)
- Former President Peres' casket arrives at Jerusalem's Mount Herzl (Haaretz)
- Family accompanies Peres' casket from the Knesset to a vehicle destined for Mt. Herzl (Haaretz)
- Peres' casket en route to Mt. Herzl cemetery from the Knesset (Haaretz)
Netanyahu and Abbas will meet for the first time in six years in Shimon Peres' funeral, a feat every world power has been trying, and failing, to achieve.
With a strong conviction that the course of history can be altered, Peres fought to overcome confrontation and enmity.
The prize-winning novelist, in his graveside eulogy to statesman Shimon Peres, challenges Israeli leaders to pursue the unfinished business of resolving decades of conflict with the Palestinians.
Somehow Stalin gave Ruth Gruber access to gulags and the U.S. sent her to survey Alaska, and she sailed on the Exodus, too.
A group of Su-24 and Su-34 frontline bombers have arrived at the Hmeymim base, Izvestia reports.
At second attempt, Team Israel secures a place in Pool B of next year’s WBC tournament in South Korea.
Taking a side in presidential elections for first time, national newspaper lists eight reasons why Trump is unfit for the presidency, while making clear that it was not endorsing Clinton.