There is little discussion about the contribution of Western money – especially American money – to the growth of terrorism in the Arab world.
- Kremlin says Putin 'fully mobilized' to tackle threat from Turkey (Reuters)
- Suicide car bomb kills seven in northern Iraq (Reuters)
- Turkish police fire water cannon, tear gas at Istanbul march (Reuters)
- Thousands protest outlawing of Islamic Movement in Umm al-Fahm in northern Israel (Haaretz)
- Kenya police: 2 Kenyans arrested for spying for Iran (AP)
- Syria insurgents recapture town in Aleppo province from army (AP)
- Turkey's Erdogan: We wish Russian plane downing had not happened (AP)
- Top Kurdish lawyer killed in clashes in southeast Turkey (Reuters)
- Turkish foreign ministry advises Turkish citizens against all non-urgent travel to Russia (Reuters)
- Amir Guttfreund, award-winning Israeli author, dies at 52 (Haaretz)
- Four Egypt security personnel killed by gunmen south of Cairo (Reuters)
- Macedonian army starts building fence on Greek border (Reuters)
- Unidentified gunmen attack UN base in northern Mali (Reuters)
- Japan scrambles fighters after Chinese planes fly near Okinawa (DPA)
- At least eight injured in shooting near abortion clinic in Colorado (Reuters)
Despite the deep misgivings of the top military brass, the army may be compelled to launch a major operation ordered by a government under pressure.
A Palestinian teen who tried to stab an Israeli woman in the West Bank was run over and shot to death. Her father, imam of the refugee camp where she grew up, says his daughter was 'responding to the occupation.'
Travel industry sources say few Israelis have canceled but few are making new reservations. If they’re flying to Europe, it’s to the east.
Gross had been helping connect Cuba’s small Jewish community to the Internet when he was arrested and charged with crimes against the state.
Newly captured territory in northern Syria includes several kilometers of highway linking city with ISIS' stronghold Raqqa.
Sometimes we're just 'in basa' – in a state of annoyance, not really angry, but just bummed.