The best eulogies were those that addressed not only what Peres had accomplished, but also what remains left to be done.
- Palestinians report seven wounded in clashes with Israeli troops on Gaza border (Haaretz)
- Philippines' Duterte likens himself to Hitler, wants to kill millions of drug users (Reuters)
- Russia reinforces Syria air base (Reuters)
- Jerusalem roads open to traffic as usual (Haaretz)
- Former President Shimon Peres buried at Mount Herzl in Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Obama: I couldn't be more honored to be in Jerusalem to say farewell to my friend Peres (Haaretz)
- Amoz Oz at Peres funeral: Peace is a must – we have nowhere else to go (Haaretz)
- Netanyahu: High leader turnout for Peres burial 'a testament to his quest for peace' (Haaretz)
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu eulogizes former President Shimon Peres at funeral (Haaretz)
- President Rivlin lauds Peres' peace efforts: Your death marks end of an era (Haaretz)
- Russian airstrikes have killed 9,300 in past year, Syrian opposition monitor says (AP)
- Funeral for statesman Shimon Peres under way at Jerusalem's Mt. Herzl cemetery (Haaretz)
- 2 dead, 15 injured in fire at hospital in western Germany (AP)
- Netanyahu, Abbas shake hands in rare visit by Palestinian leader for Peres funeral (Haaretz)
- Former President Peres' casket arrives at Jerusalem's Mount Herzl (Haaretz)
Shimon Peres' crucial role in creating Israel's nuclear deterrent started when he was a civil servant in his 30s, tasked with a mission so sensitive it couldn't even be put in writing.
If a Democrat would kowtow to the Kremlin the way Trump has, the GOP would have him - or her - hung, drawn and quartered in a public square.
Israeli politicians speaking at the funeral – first and foremost the prime minister – failed to mention Palestinian President Abbas, who showed courage and humanity by attending. Author Amos Oz was the only one to bring up Oslo, melting the schmaltz that the speakers before him piled on.
Somehow Stalin gave Ruth Gruber access to gulags and the U.S. sent her to survey Alaska, and she sailed on the Exodus, too.
A group of Su-24 and Su-34 frontline bombers have arrived at the Hmeymim base, Izvestia reports.
At second attempt, Team Israel secures a place in Pool B of next year’s WBC tournament in South Korea.
Taking a side in presidential elections for first time, national newspaper lists eight reasons why Trump is unfit for the presidency, while making clear that it was not endorsing Clinton.