Plan emphasizes institutions whose existence is not dependent on the life span of President Mahmoud Abbas; the end of the occupation is listed as number one goal.
- Reports: 12 injured as car runs into crowd at New Orleans parade (DPA)
- Trump decides to skip White House press dinner (Reuters)
- Palestinian wins 'Arab Idol' talent show (Reuters)
- 73-year-old man dies of wounds in Germany car-ramming incident (Reuters)
- Keith Ellison, marred by allegations of anti-Semitism, fails in bid to lead Democratic Party (AP)
- France places two under formal investigation for planning attack (Reuters)
- Perez falls shy of beating Ellison in first round votes for DNC chair (Haaretz)
- German police say no suspicion of terrorism after driver runs over three (AP)
- Germany's Merkel calls Egypt 'stabilizing' force in region ahead of Cairo visit (dpa)
- Saudi foreign minister makes rare visit to Iraqi capital (Reuters)
- Germany's Merkel stresses need for two-state solution to Mideast conflict (AP)
- One killed after bombs target oil pipeline near Kirkuk, Iraq (Reuters)
- Militants attack Syrian security forces in Homs, killing 42 (Reuters)
- Israeli reported killed in traffic accident in Cuba (Haaretz)
- Report: Three men suffocate in a Gaza tunnel (Haaretz)
A massive renovation enabled the supporting gird, built by the British, to be dismantled.
It is unclear why Henry Rousso, a Jew who was born in Egypt, was detained and nearly deported by immigration authorities as an illegal alien.
Pence made the emoji gaffe twice before addressing the Republican Jewish Coalition.
Iran Plans to Buy 950 Tons of Uranium Ore From Kazakhstan, Expects Russian Help in Producing Nuclear Fuel
The acquisition would not violate Iran's landmark 2015 deal with world powers over its disputed nuclear program as the deal did not set limits on the Islamic Republic's supplies of uranium ore.
Two new projects seek to stop the dramatic drop in water levels at the world's lowest point.