The Syrian group's rebranding could allow it to take part in the negotiations over the country's future, while opening a stream of Qatari and Saudi funds.
- Attack at Yemen border kills seven Saudi border guards (AP)
- Militants attack two energy plants in north Iraq, kill at least four (Reuters)
- Militants attack Iraqi oil station, casualties unknown (Reuters)
- Death toll from Nepal monsoon disaster reaches 80 (DPA)
- Sanders cites family's Holocaust history in call to end racism against Muslims (Haaretz)
- Yemen peace talks extended by a week, UN envoy says (Reuters)
- Gov't to confirm Moshe Kahlon as economy minister on Sunday (Haaretz)
- Palestinian arrested with knives, axes, bullets after driving car with fake Israeli plates (Haaretz)
- Erdogan says military schools to be shut down, commanders will report to defense minister (Reuters)
- Magnitude 5.2 earthquake strikes off coast of Greek island of Crete (Reuters)
- U.S. federal investigation launched into Texas hot air balloon accident that left 16 dead (Reuters)
- Hot air balloon carrying 16 crashes in Texas (AP)
- Over 100 high school dormitories burned in Kenya in wave of arson attacks (AP)
- Palestine Cup final postponed by two days after some Gaza players barred from West Bank (Haaretz)
- Turkish authorities free over 800 soldiers in probe into failed coup (AP)
Author of Sapiens turns his focus inward, to his own 'tribe,' and writes that one of the most important and most beautiful values of Judaism is modesty, and says we would do well to take this value to heart when considering the religion's impact on humankind through the ages.
Three friends driving through A-Ram at night came under fire from Border Policemen, who killed one of them and wounded another. The policemen felt threatened, the authorities claim.
The Palestinian Football Association requests aid of international organizations after six players were barred from entering Israel on Wednesday.
Rabbi Michael Schudrich, a native of N.Y.C whose grandparents all immigrated from Poland, played a key role in orchestrating Pope Francis' encounter at Auschwitz.
Brig. Gen. Mohammad-Reza Naghdi, who heads the Basij paramilitary group, survived an assassination attempt by Israel or rebel forces, Arab news outlets reported over the weekend.
Fred Rothstein documented the New York experience during the 1920s and 1930s, along with the city’s construction boom during the Great Depression. His granddaughter, Navah Joy Uzan, breaks down his photos in her video work and integrates them with her own contemporary photos from Israeli construction sites.
Responding to Trump's attack on the bereaved parents of a Muslim soldier, the former presidential candidate says he will work to 'rid this country of the ugly stain of racism.'