The clashes left a police officer and Bedouin man dead. Senior officials say any inquiry must address the following issues.
- Syrian warplanes pound rebel-held area in central city of Homs (AP)
- Malaysia declares airport safe for travel after nerve agent attack (Reuters)
- Tel Aviv-bound Flight UA954 lands in Houston following a smell of smoke in the cockpit (Haaretz)
- Iraq: Police commandos recapture new neighborhood in Mosul (AP)
- DWI suspected in crash that hurt 28 at New Orleans parade (AP)
- Iran begins navy drill off Strait of Hormuz (AP)
- U.S. may pull out of UN's human rights council, Politico reports (Haaretz)
- Reports: 12 injured as car runs into crowd at New Orleans parade (DPA)
- Trump decides to skip White House press dinner (Reuters)
- Palestinian wins 'Arab Idol' talent show (Reuters)
- 73-year-old man dies of wounds in Germany car-ramming incident (Reuters)
- Keith Ellison, marred by allegations of anti-Semitism, fails in bid to lead Democratic Party (AP)
- France places two under formal investigation for planning attack (Reuters)
- Perez falls shy of beating Ellison in first round votes for DNC chair (Haaretz)
- German police say no suspicion of terrorism after driver runs over three (AP)
Moshe Ya'alon and Benny Gantz are defending themselves a few days before the state comptroller releases a report on 2014's Operation Protective Edge.
Experts in Sweden said they were not familiar with Nils Bildt, who Fox News dubbed a 'Swedish defense and national security advisor.'
Pence made the emoji gaffe twice before addressing the Republican Jewish Coalition.
It isn't the first dispatch sent by the former Iranian president, who can count Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama among his pen pals.
Two new projects seek to stop the dramatic drop in water levels at the world's lowest point.