In minutes of meeting in then-defense minister Moshe Dayan’s office, top Israeli officials discussed how to violate international law in building settlement of Kiryat Arba, next to Hebron.
- Syria's Assad offers amnesty to rebels who surrender (AP)
- Police arrest another 17 La Familia members as probe into soccer fan club continues (Haaretz)
- Russian defense minister: Russia, Syrian gov't to start humanitarian operation in Aleppo (Reuters)
- Two top Turkish generals resign following mass dismissal of military personnel (Reuters)
- French identify second church attacker from DNA (AP)
- Pope Francis to visit Auschwitz death camp on Friday (AP)
- Obama tells DNC: As president, Hillary Clinton will finish off ISIS (Haaretz)
- Police: Washington D.C.'s Union Station evacuated due to bomb threat (Reuters)
- Shopping center in Bremen, Germany evacuated due to suspicious activity (Reuters)
- Report: Turkey shutters 3 news agencies, 16 TV channels, 23 radio stations, 45 newspapers (Reuters)
- Turkey dismisses 726 military officers (Reuters)
- ISIS video purports to show French church attackers pledging allegiance to group's leader (Reuters)
- U.S.: Detention of journalists in Turkey discourages legitimate political discourse (Reuters)
- Twelve new arrests in ongoing crackdown against Beitar Jerusalem fan club 'La Familia' (Haaretz)
- Report: Explosion near migration office near Nuremberg, Germany (Reuters)
Sgt. Elor Azaria should have argued before the military court that his killing of an incapacitated Palestinian was in keeping with the spirit of the time and place.
The talk of clash of civilizations is baseless. Islam is not a worthy rival for the West and cannot offer a moral and practical alternative to Western modernity.
Mutual fund category for investment in startups approved by finance minister; SafeBreach raises $15 million for simulated hack attacks technology; SNE raises $2.5 million for technology transfer from Israeli colleges.
The cornerstone for the Herzliya Gymnasium was laid in Tel Aviv, which itself had been founded just three months earlier.
Turkish President Erdogan pursues crackdown in the wake of a failed coup, with three news agencies, 16 television channels and 45 daily newspapers ordered to shut down. Roughly 40 percent of generals and admirals dismissed.
Gal Muggia and Vania Heymann are among the contenders for MTV's best direction award for the highly acclaimed 'Up&Up' video. Beyoncé leads the nominee ranking with nominations in 11 different categories for 'Lemonade.'
Obama, Biden and Kaine lambasted the GOP candidate, but it was former Republican Michael Bloomberg who probably drew the most blood at the DNC.