Saudi-Turkish threat to invade Syria points to the gap between the desire for a cease-fire agreement and reality. Judging by Russia’s conduct so far, Riyadh and Ankara might want to reexamine what could be a dangerous gamble.
- Prof. David Shulman wins Israel Prize for religious studies and philosophy (Haaretz)
- Pope Francis, speaking at mass in Ecatepec, says he wants Mexico without emigration, 'merchants of d
- Death toll in central Israel truck-bus collision rises to six (Haaretz)
- Turkish PM to Merkel: Turkey will continue to respond to Kurdish militia attacks in Syria (Reuters)
- Death toll in central Israel truck-bus collision rises to five; more than 20 injured (Haaretz)
- At least 15 people said wounded in bus accident on Rte. 431 between Ramle and Modi'in (Haaretz)
- Civilian casualties in Afghanistan hit record high, UN says (Reuters)
- Attempted stabbing reported near Hebron's Tomb of the Patriarchs; assailant shot at scene (Haaretz)
- France calls on Turkey to halt bombardments of Kurdish zones in Syria (Reuters)
- Greek authorities arrest three Iraqi Kurds with guns, ammunition (Reuters)
- One killed, three wounded in stabbing at asylum center in Sweden (AP)
- Ya'alon: Israelis secretly meeting with officials from Gulf states (Haaretz)
- Egypt policeman's conviction overturned in protester's death (AP)
- Saudi troop deployment in Syria linked to U.S.-led coalition against ISIS, FM says (Reuters)
- Initial report: Attempted stabbing attack at checkpoint near J'lem, assailant shot (Haaretz)
By pinning the blame for 9/11 on George W. Bush, Trump goes where even Democrats fear to tread.
Israel has been in uproar since a radio presenter dared suggest both Israeli and Palestinian families mourn their dead children - soldiers or terrorists - equally. My son's killing has taught me that grief knows no borders.
Prime minister is a long-time supporter of a casino in Eilat, but in the past ultra-Orthodox and religious parties have been firmly opposed.
Newly released e-mails include a letter to then-Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren from two Congressmen with the plea 'Let our people(‘s fish) go!'
Israeli defense minister's speech at Munich security conference turned into confrontation with Saudi intelligence chief, who responded: Handshakes with Israelis never helped Palestinians.
Friendship is free of the indignities, suffering and drama that characterize romantic love; it doesn't have an expiration date; we rarely suspect it to be a figment of our imagination. But love is what fuels our economy.