In his off-the-cuff phone conversations with world leaders, the president-elect has riled the Chinese, set himself up to insult either the Indians or the Pakistanis, and left U.S. diplomats in a tizzy.
- Green Party drops court case seeking a recount of Pennsylvania’s presidential election (AP)
- Russia seeks withdrawal of all rebels from eastern Aleppo (Reuters)
- 40 feared dead after fire breaks out during party at California warehouse (AP)
- Morocco arrests suspected militant involved in French plot discovered last month (Reuters)
- Iran, Russia confirm alliance in Syrian war (AP)
- Somali forces kill 7 insurgents in clashes with ISIS-loyal factions (Reuters)
- Russia says it's ready to hold talks with U.S. on exit of rebels from Aleppo (AP)
- Iran summons Kenyan envoy over detention of 2 Iranians (Reuters)
- China complains to U.S. about Trump's unprecedented call to Taiwan (AP)
- China labels Trump call 'petty action' by Taiwan (Reuters)
- Chaim Saban: Keith Ellison is an anti-Semite if elected DNC chief that would be a disaster (Haaretz)
- UN to draft resolution demanding end to fighting in Syria (Reuters)
- Russian ship runs aground in Istanbul, crew awaits rescue (Reuters)
- Europe must brace for new, varied ISIS attacks, security chiefs warn (Reuters)
- Russian army specialists flown to Syria's Aleppo for de-mining, Moscow says (Reuters)
Samson the Greek? 3,000-year-old finds at Tel Dan suggest that the Danites were Aegean soldiers hired by Canaan's Egyptian overlords to keep order.
The call was the first such contact with Taiwan by a president-elect or president since President Jimmy Carter adopted a one-China policy in 1979.
Despite difficulties to bring goods into Gaza, factory hopes to employ up to 1,000 Palestinians directly or indirectly and keep 3 million bottles in circulation.
A female detective who doesn’t mince words is the hero of this British show from the creator of 'Shameless.'