Shimon Peres, a former president and prime minister, suffered a major stroke from which he never recovered.
- Shimon Peres, Israel's elder statesman and Nobel Peace laureate, dies at 93 (Haaretz)
- Trump-Clinton showdown breaks TV debate ratings record as 84 million watch (Reuters)
- U.S. to deploy anti-missile system in South Korea 'as soon as possible' (Reuters)
- President Obama appoints first ambassador to Cuba in 55 years (Reuters)
- UN report says Sudan violates Darfur sanctions (AP)
- Donald Trump says on Twitter he raised $13 million in 24 hours in online donations (Reuters)
- FBI believes foreign hackers targeted cellphones of some Democratic Party figures (Reuters)
- U.S. announces $400 million more in humanitarian aid for Syrians caught in civil war (Reuters)
- Trump-Clinton debate watched by over 80 million viewers, breaks record (Reuters)
- TV audience for Trump-Clinton debate likely to approach 80-million viewer record (Reuters)
- Investigation into Ahmad Khan Rahami so far doesn't point to larger cell, FBI says (Reuters)
- Hospitalized Shimon Peres suffers serious deterioration, condition seems irreversible (Haaretz)
- Israel Police issue security alert in Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Germany's Merkel calls for Syria cease-fire, cites 'very brutal' targeting of civilians (AP)
- Hezbollah says no political solution foreseeable for Syria, final word is on battlefield (Reuters)
While experts are again explaining why the ‘calm’ has ended, what really needs explanation is the Palestinian restraint in light of Israel’s violence.
With these words, Trump was fishing for voters who still doubt that a woman can be president.
Unilever claims to have learned its lesson, and as soon as contamination was suspected the merchandise was quarantined.
U.S. president speaks with over 600 rabbis from the American Reform, Conservative, Orthodox and Reconstructionist movements, recounts military aid deal, Iran agreement.
Iran's supreme leader warns the hardline former president's candidacy would increase divisions in the Islamic Republic.
Mor Shani and the Inbal dancers have created a melting pot of folk dances through the ages. While some elements of ‘Simple Dance’ fall short, overall it’s a refreshing piece, complete with violent moves bordering on the erotic.
After putting Donald Trump on the defensive by accusing him of racism and sexism, Hillary Clinton blasts him again, saying he made 'charges and claims that were demonstrably untrue.'