In first incident in the Old City, assailant shot and killed; suspect in second attack detained; both victims were moderately wounded.
- British defense minister would like to have a vote for military action in Syria this week (Reuters)
- Monitoring group: At least 18 killed in Syrian airstrikes believed to come from Russia (Reuters)
- Turkey to hand over body of killed pilot to Russia (Reuters)
- ISIS claims responsibility for suicide car bomb which killed 7 in Iraq on Saturday (Reuters)
- Turkish PM: Coordination between two coalitions in Syria necessary to prevent accidents (Reuters)
- Initial reports of stabbing attack on a bus in Jerusalem (Haaretz)
- Acting Chief of Police Benzi Sau to retire at end of November (Haaretz)
- ISIS claims responsibility for Saturday's attack that killed 4 near Cairo (AP)
- Preliminary report: Stabbing attack in Jerusalem near Damascus Gate (Haaretz)
- IDF raids radio station in Hebron (Haaretz)
- Chinese ships approach islets disputed with Japan (DPA)
- Pope heads to Central African Republic with peace message (AP)
- Facebook makes paid time off for baby leave a global benefit (Reuters)
- Paris climate activists plan human chain on global day of action (Reuters)
- EU hopes for Turkish help to slow migrants at summit (Reuters)
There is little discussion about the contribution of Western money – especially American money – to the growth of terrorism in the Arab world.
Albert Einstein’s refusal to contain himself within the confines of science enabled him to become not just a pioneering physicist, but a cultural phenomenon crossing genres and mediums.
Social Affairs Minister Haim Katz is expected to announce his candidacy for chairman, and to win support of other ministers against the competition.
This new version of the prayer for Israel urges you to look outward rather than upward, and affect reality with your own two hands.
Search of 3,300-year-old mausoleum in Luxor could shed light on time of Queen Nefertiti and King Tutankhamun.
Sometimes we're just 'in basa' – in a state of annoyance, not really angry, but just bummed.