A recent Israeli government announcement that secret efforts to gain restitition for Mizrahi Jews are close to bearing fruit has raised hope, though others remain skeptical: ‘You can’t ask a beggar to return your money.’
- Palestine Cup final postponed by two days after some Gaza players barred from West Bank (Haaretz)
- Turkish authorities free over 800 soldiers in probe into failed coup (AP)
- 43 killed in fighting between Turkish forces and Kurdish rebels in southeast Turkey (AP)
- At least 52 killed in monsoon floods in India, authorities say (AP)
- Teen released, 2 in custody following French church attack (AP)
- Turkey kills 35 Kurdish militants after they try to storm base, officials says (Reuters)
- Belgium arrests two men suspected of planning attack (Reuters)
- CIA chief Brennan: I don't know whether or not Syria can be put back together again (Reuters)
- Report: Clinton campaign also hacked in attacks on Democrats (Reuters)
- Five soldiers killed, 8 others wounded in attack by Kurdish militants in southeast Turkey (Reuters)
- Israel to U.S.: Criticism of settlement construction baseless (Haaretz)
- Red Cross predicts up to 1 million to flee Iraqi offensive to retake Mosul from ISIS (Reuters)
- Democratic congressional group confirms cybersecurity incident similar to DNC hack (Reuters)
- San Diego police say officer fatally shot, another wounded (Reuters)
- Monitor: ISIS executed at least 24 civilians after it seized a village in northern Syria (Haaretz)
Presidential candidate Jill Stein, the woman now heading the Bernie Sanders revolution, condemns damage being done by ‘war hawk’ Sheldon Adelson and says U.S. military aid to Israel should be contingent upon peace talks.
The formation of a coalition government led to the appointment of a minister of culture who began to aggressively attack artists and intellectuals in all their institutions, in order to impose a worldview that can only be described as fascistic. Yes, it happened this year – in Croatia.
Three friends driving through A-Ram at night came under fire from Border Policemen, who killed one of them and wounded another. The policemen felt threatened, the authorities claim.
One of the most important and most beautiful values of Judaism is modesty. We would do well to take this value to heart when considering the religion's impact on humankind through the ages.
Over 9,000 people, mostly in the military, have been arrested in the aftermath of the coup attempt, while thousands more have been detained.
‘Mr. Robot’ is a bleak yet wickedly engrossing cyber-thriller that’s wormed its way into the hearts of critics and viewers, thanks to its topicality and a haunting performance from Rami Malek.
When my daughter said she's tired of being poor, I scolded her and told her she doesn’t know what being poor really means. I didn't tell her that there are some obstacles no amount of hard work can overcome.