Shas MK Yakov Margi violated Ukrainian law by meeting with the leader of the Russian puppet government in the peninsula without Kiev's consent.
- Four people wounded in a blast at an apartment in Kfar Sava in central Israel overnight (Haaretz)
- UN: At least 3,545 civilians killed by fighting in Afghanistan in 2015 (Reuters)
- Ukraine announces it will open criminal probe into Israeli MK's visit to Crimea (Haaretz)
- Seoul: Pyongyang used money from joint factories for weapons (AP)
- Trump: Iran deal is a disgrace and embarrassment to this country (Haaretz)
- Magnitude-5.8 earthquake shakes New Zealand's Christchurch (AP)
- CNN: Obama intends to nominate successor for Scalia on Supreme Court (Reuters)
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Scalia reportedly dies at 79 (Reuters)
- U.S. regains Hellfire air-to-ground missile from Cuba (Reuters)
- Some 100 protesting in Jerusalem against new civics curriculum (Haaretz)
- France will not take in more than 30,000 refugees, prime minister say (DPA)
- Former IDF general Avigdor 'Yanush' Ben-Gal dies at 80 (Haaretz)
- Poland wants punishments for use of 'Polish death camp' phrase (Reuters)
- Three Border Police officers wounded in suspected West Bank car-ramming attack (Haaretz)
- Russia warns of new Cold War as east Ukraine violence surges (Reuters)
People who have the misfortune to work in the Prime Minister’s Residence live in a milieu of terror in its classic sense: a place in which fear and dread are imposed by means of violence, force and threats. This has now been established by a court ruling.
Friendship is free of the indignities, suffering and drama that characterize romantic love; it doesn't have an expiration date; we rarely suspect it to be a figment of our imagination. But love is what fuels our economy.
Earlier, an 18-year-old Palestinian woman was killed after trying to stab a soldier in Hebron.
Five years ago, they were too poor to hire a full-time rabbi. But Portugal's law of return for Sephardic Jews has breathed new life into the Jewish Community of Porto.
Cross-border shelling took place Russian-backed Kurds, which Turkey considers terrorists, drove Syrian rebels from a former military base.
'The Big Short' feels as though it is portraying an alternative yet dominant reality – perhaps the only reality that controls our lives and our fates.